You guys… I have a problem.
A novel-buying problem.
No, not like an original buying problem. Like a novelBOOK buying problem. It’s getting a little out of hand. And by ‘a little’, I mean I’m buying like 3 or more a day since Christmas.
I now have 20 novels to read once I’m done writing my book (which should be supersuper soon!). All novels I’ve never read before and didn’t know existed because: I haven’t read a book in a year.
I know, I know. How horrible, right? I’m an English major, a two-time author and a food writer and I haven’t read a book in a freakin’ year. But in my defense, I’ve been writing TWO books in one year, plus my blog, which is a lot of writing, FYI.
But I have read magazines! Lots of them. So at least I’m not a total ingrate, right? (Tell me I’m not pleasepleaseplease).
So I’m making up for lost time and that new book smell by buying ALLTHEBOOKS on Amazon and reading them front to back from here until Christmas again. So if you have a good book recommendation, leave it in the comments! (FWIW, I like ‘harder’ books – ones about addiction, marital troubles, troubled teens, you name it. Hard issues.)
Anyway! Now let’s talk about these Mint Oreo Truffle Brownie Bombs which you need to read about and then promptly MAKE.
A few months ago, I posted these Oreo Truffle Brownie Bombs and everyone seemed to go gaga for them, so I knew I had to do a fun spin with another Oreo flavor. Enter: the Mint Oreo Truffle.
Made with the Mint Oreos and ground up bits of Andes mints inside(!!) they are delightfully minty and SO EASY to make. Seriously, if you are or if you know of a mint lover, these are next on your list. Promise me?
And I know it’s *too soon* to talk about Valentine’s Day, but hear me out: I’m a food blogger, which means I gotta start cranking out V-Day recipes in early January in order for them to get traction, get seen, get pinned, etc. in time for February. SO, that said – these would make an awesome Valentine’s Day gift for your sweetie!
Now if you need me, I’ll be reading!
Mint Oreo Truffle Brownie Bombs
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Brownie Bombs
These Mint Oreo Truffle Brownie Bombs are delightfully minty, super chocolaty and a cinch to whip up. Impress your guests with these over the top truffles!
- 1 box fudge brownie mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- ⅔ pkg (about 20 cookies) MINT Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- ½ pkg (4 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp mint extract, divided
- 1 cup Andes mint chips, plus ⅔ cup for garnish
- 1 pkg chocolate almond bark (such as CandiQuik)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions for fudgy brownies. Pour into a greased 13×9″ rectangular baking pan and bake for 19-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist, not wet, crumbs. Do not bake too long as the brownies MUST be fudgy in order to make the bombs work. Cool completely.
- While brownies cool, make your Mint Oreo truffles. In a large bowl, combine the Mint Oreo crumbs, cream cheese, and ½ tsp mint extract with a rubber spatula until blended and moistened; fold in 1 cup of the Andes mint chips. Roll Tablespoon-sized balls of Mint Oreo truffles and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the brownies into 24 equal pieces, making sure to trim off the edges as they’re too crusty and hard to work with. Take a brownie square and gently flatten it in the palm of your hand. Wrap the brownie around the Oreo truffle, pinching and rolling the brownie in your hands to completely enclose the truffle. Place the brownie bombs onto the baking sheet. Freeze for approx. 30 minutes or until solid and firm.
- Melt the chocolate candy coating according to package directions or until smooth and melted; gently fold in the remaining mint extract. Dip each brownie bomb into the chocolate coating, coating it completely and allowing excess to drip off. Return to the baking sheet with a fork and sprinkle with remaining Andes mint chips, if desired.
Minty, chocolaty, fudgy goodness wrapped in one bite-sized morsel of heaven. You’re welcome!
Have a super sweet day!
Link to the original: Source link