This One Pot BBQ Chicken Pasta with Bacon is SO easy and so good — hearty, cheesy and a little smoky from barbecue sauce. Includes step by step recipe video.
First of all, this pasta is totally amazing. You would not believe how well barbecue sauce goes with pasta!
Sometimes, when I find an easy meal that my kids will eat without grumbling, and cooks in just one pot, I just want to shout it from the rooftops. Do you hear me?
And since it’s another 30 Minute Thursday today, that means this is a family-friendly, one pot meal that’s ready in 30 minutes or less! Pretty much a win on all counts.
This recipe has long been a favorite here — it’s just getting another update and a new video in time for 30 Minute Thursday this month! Check down below for links to more great 30 minute meals from friends!
This recipe came about one day when I was still working out of the home, and needed something super quick to feed my two year old. And we know how 2 year olds can be.
Since then, this pasta has been a regular on our rotation and for good reason — it’s delicious.
I had found a one pot pasta recipe on Pinterest (obviously) that I was trying out, and things were going pretty well.
I was following the recipe relatively closely. When I tasted it at the end, I just needed something more…..
I started scanning the contents of my refrigerator.
In a pasta?
It’s a little ridiculous.
I went back and forth about it for a bit. But then I figured, it goes with pizza, which is a grain, so this is pretty much the same thing, right?
We loved it! There’s not so much barbecue sauce in it that the noodles are smothered in it, it just adds a nice sweet, smokiness to the sauce. The BBQ flavour is still subtle. Plus, less dishes! That’s a win-win here ?
Watch the recipe video and see how it’s made
One-Pot BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pasta
A quick, easy weeknight meal made completely in one pot!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups whole wheat rotini (or other short pasta)
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar, marble or mozza cheese
- In a large pan, cook chicken for 5-6 minutes, until browned on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add bacon and onion to pan and cook over medium heat until bacon is browned. Drain as much of the fat off as you can. Add the cooked chicken, garlic, broth, tomatoes, milk, barbecue sauce, pepper flakes, salt, pasta and bring to a simmer.
- Cook and stir frequently over medium heat until pasta is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese just until melted. Serve.
Recipe inspired by this pasta from A Bitchin’ Kitchen.
Creamy Sausage and Mushroom Rigatoni by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad Pizza with Fresh Strawberry Salsa by Floating Kitchen
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad by Life Made Sweeter
Blackened Fish Taco Bowls with Corn Salsa by Bake Eat Repeat
One Pot Creamy Vegan Caprese Pasta by She Likes Food
Vegetarian Portobello Mushroom Fajitas by Kristine’s Kitchen
Link to the original: Source link