Your quest for the best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe ends here! This is the BEST!
I’m a HUGE banana bread fan. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread in particular. Like I could easily put down an entire loaf of this without any questions. I’m that big of a fan. I’m fairly certain that this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread was the first recipe I ever learned how to make. My guess, my mom taught it to me so I could start making it myself and she didn’t have to make bi-weekly batches because we ate it so quickly. Perks of having a child!
Banana Bread is just one of those recipes that you need in your back pocket. I’ve had plenty of banana bread in my day and this recipe below features everything that I’m looking for!
1: It HAS to be moist. No one likes dry banana bread.
2: Chocolate. The little chocolate chips give it that extra hint of sweetness.
3: No nuts. Okay you can add nuts if you want, but I’m partial to a no-nut banana bread! They just get in my way on my quest for the chocolate chips.
4: It tastes like banana! Load it up, I usually put in about 4 bananas. It’s the right thing to do.
There’s a video below if you want a step by step!!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 4 over ripe bananas
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar and whip for 2 minutes until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Add the milk and the bananas and mix for 30 seconds. The batter will look a little curdled, this is normal.
- Add the flour and the baking soda and mix for a few seconds until the flour is evenly combines. Add the chocolate chips and give it all a quick stir.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray and evenly divide the batter in the 2 pans.
- Transfer the loaf pans to the oven and bake for 45 minutes until a knife can be inserted in the center of the loaf and it comes out clean. Remove the banana bread loafs from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the pans and serving. If they need a little more time, continue baking until the knife comes out clean.
Link to the original: Source link