Since I work from home, I find that I don’t really put any effort into what I wear.
Some folks who work from home dress like they’re going to an office… but my “office” is the kitchen where everything has a flour or powdered-sugar residue and where eggs jump to their grisly death off of my kitchen counter. Wearing a skirt suit isn’t exactly wise in my position.
So every day (since it’s still hot as hell out), I usually wear denim shorts and a black shirt. Boring, easy, thoughtless. But I still continue to buy adorable retro-inspired dresses and pinup couture for my closet which looks more and more like a boutique every day as new packages roll in.
And yet – I never wear this stuff. But I want to. So lately I’ve been putting in the effort to dress up every day, even if I never step a foot outside of my apartment. Some of the dresses are more relaxed – like an oversize t-shirt – but some are fancy and twirly and fun. And you know what? I feel so much less schleppy and gross.
But it made me realize: classic shapes like my A-line dresses never go out of style, and neither do classic desserts. Enter: these Monster Cookie Bars which will always be top of the class. They start with a chocolate chip cookie-esque base that’s dressed up with hearty oats, creamy peanut butter, and miniature M&M’s candies to, jazzing them up with out-of-this-world flavor and great chewy texture.
And because I’m all about a shortcut, these bars are so much easier to whip up than making drop cookies, yet are every bit as delicious.
PS: they taste extra amazing when topped with a scoop of ice cream and lots of chocolate & caramel sauce. 🙂
Thick & Chewy Monster Cookie Bars
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Bars
These Monster Cookie Bars are supremely thick, chewy, hearty, and packed with amazing flavor from peanut butter, chocolate, and miniature M&M’s candies! A must-try, and so much easier than making drop cookies!
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 & ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 & ½ cups old-fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature M&M’s candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9″ rectangular baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in the peanut butter, followed by the eggs and vanilla. Add in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour and mix on low-speed until just barely combined. Beat in the oats, chocolate chips, and M&M’s candies until just combined.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking pan evenly and bake for approximately 20-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and set. Cool in the pan completely before cutting into bars.
A quick and easy bar recipe that’s sure to please!
Have a super sweet day!
Link to the original: Source link