Crab Cake Dip is packed with everything you love about Crab Cakes, but creamy, rich and perfect on a cracker!
I am all about appetizers. Snacks. Pre-gaming. All the best food in on the appetizer menu. Truth.
I mean, how many times in your life have you said after apps, “we could totally skip dinner at this point”?
Infinity. That’s how many times.
So what I have done today, is made a classic dinner into an appetizer. Pass the crackers and saddle up. This is good one.
It’s completely simple, and perfect for Game Day, holiday parties…or just a fun, easy dinner. Serve it with crackers, chips, veggies…it’s basically an entire meal in every bite!
All you do it chop up a few veggies. A trio of onion, celery and red and pepper…
Sauté them in a little butter until they’re soft.
Mix in some lump crab meat.
Then add in some creaminess and CHEEEEESE…
Stir that up until it’s heated through and place it into a casserole dish. OR, certainly you could just leave it in your oven proof skillet.
Next mix up some crushed Ritz crackers with a little parsley, salt and pepper…
Top the crab mixture with the cracker crumbs and bake it until it’s hot and bubbly!
It will be lightly toasted on top and delicious!
Dig in and enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt the butter and sauté the onions, celery and pepper until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the crab meat and mix to combine.
- Turn the heat to low and add in the cream cheese, stirring to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the tartar sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Old Bay seasoning. Add that into the crab mixture and stir until evenly incorporated. Continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add in the mozzarella cheese and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, and parsley. Sprinkle this on top of the crab dip. Bake for 25 minutes until lightly toasted and bubbly.
- Serve warm with crackers and veggies.
Link to the original: Source link