Sweet & savory 30-minute Moroccan chickpea quinoa salad made in one pot. Delicious flavors and the perfect vegetarian meal to prep for lunch!
Yesterday Abra and I went to Studio Three and did their Ellie Goulding & Lana Del Rey themed cycling class. It was the first time I had hit the gym in nearly a month (except for that one time I had 10 mins and did 50 squats + lunges in Australia and couldn’t walk for days after). Anyway I can’t tell you just how good it felt to get moving again, even if it was 45 minutes. It made my day that much better.
You know what else feels good? Making meals at home again. Last night I made my very favorite and internet famous healthy turkey chili with a little cheese and tortilla chips. And now I’m absolutely craving this chickpea quinoa salad with vibrant moroccan flavors. I can’t EVEN describe how delicious it is.
K wait maybe I can…
It’s like little pops of flavor dancing on my tongue in the moroccan heat with sweet pops of cranberry flavor and crunchy toasted nutty almonds all with the freshness of parsley in every bite.
Abra and I made this salad a few weeks ago and couldn’t stop raving about it. We mixed it in with a few other recipes we created, but this one was by far our favorite. It’s easy, made in one pot, and has incredible flavors.
Simply put, I think you need to make it ASAP for lunch. This is one of my favorite quinoa salads of all time, so it’s absolutely wonderful to bring to parties, pack for lunch, or pair with roasted chicken for dinner.
One Pot Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com
- Serving size: 1/4th
- Calories: 448
- Fat: 13.8
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 70.2g
- Sugar: 16.1g
- Fiber: 12.7g
- Protein: 16.5g
Recipe type: Salad, Gluten Free, Vegan
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetarian broth (or water)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup finely diced flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
- Add coconut oil to a large pot and place over medium heat. Once oil is hot add in onion and sauté until onion is translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the following spices: turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and salt and pepper; cook for 30 seconds more.
- Next add in broth (or water) and quinoa; bring mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for exactly 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Stir in chickpeas, cranberries and parsley to the quinoa and mix until well-combined. Taste and adjust seasonings. Garnish with toasted almonds and extra parsley. Serves 4.
- To serve: Place in mason jars or meal prep containers for lunch throughout the week. Garnish with extra toasted almonds.
Link to the original: Source link