I can’t wait any longer!! The official launch of spring is like less than 24 hours away and I’ve never been so excited in my life! Asparagus and Parmesan Risotto all around to celebrate!
Risotto is one of my most favorite meals to make when I have about 30-40 minutes and want to put on a show. It looks complicated but it’s super easy and everyone always freaks out over it. You’ve seen a risotto or two over here on WGC before, I’ve done Mushroom risotto in the fall, I’ve done a carrot risotto in the winter… you name it. Spring officially starts tomorrow and I’m all about an asparagus moment! If I can find white asparagus that’s for sure happening too – but really any kind will work.
The base is my go-to risotto recipe and I promise you, you will NOT be disappointed! xoxo
Asparagus and Parmesan Risotto
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp mascarpone
- 1/3 cup chives
- Lemon wedges
- coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut your asparagus into 1 inch long pieces and blanch for about 90 seconds. Remove the asparagus from the water and shock in an ice bath to retain their bright green color. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy bottom pot over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and stir to combine.
- Add the arborio rice and stir to coat the rice with the butter. Cook the rice for about 2 minutes until the outer edges of the rice are translucent and the middle still white. Pour in the white wine and deglaze the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine has evaporated.
- Add 1 cup of the chicken stock and cook until the stock has evaporated. Repeat this step a few times until you’ve used all of the stock. The rice should look almost like a porridge and have just a slight bit of a bite when tasted.
- Add Parmesan cheese, mascarpone cheese and chives and stir to combine. Add lemon juice to taste and stir in some asparagus and top with asparagus. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Link to the original: Source link