This CRISPY BAKED WHITE CHEDDAR BBQ CHICKEN only has 3 ingredients and so much flavor! So simple to make and sure to please the entire family. This is our go-to easy dinner recipe!
This is the kind of dinner that I started The Cookie Rookie to find. I didn’t know how to cook A SINGLE THING but I knew it had to be easier than I imagined. We definitely have some recipes on the site with a long list of ingredients and lots of prep work, but this isn’t one of them. This recipe for CRISPY BAKED WHITE CHEDDAR BBQ CHICKEN only has THREE INGREDIENTS, so much flavor, and is made in minutes. It’s just incredibly simple, fun, and right up my alley. This is the kind of recipe I wish I would have known about when I was in my 20s and avoiding cooking at all costs. Just because a recipe is super easy doesn’t make it any less yummy. This is for all the busy families out there or all the single people that need quick food before they get back on the go. So good!
This Baked White Cheddar BBQ Chicken came about on one of those nights where we had no food in the house and it was a discussion of having cereal, a bagel, or ordering pizza for dinner. I looked over to the coffee table and the cheez-its sitting there and a light bulb went off. There was some chicken in the freezer and bbq sauce in the fridge and I knew we could be in business with a little intuition. The result was FAB! An instant favorite. Instant being the key word. This isn’t sponsored or anything, I just thought it was worth sharing. We loved the final result!
If you love simple recipes sure to please both kids adults alike, then this recipe is for you! Baked White Cheddar BBQ Chicken for the WIN!
Becky Hardin | The Cookie Rookie
Crispy Baked White Cheddar BBQ Chicken (ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS!)
5 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 cups White Cheddar Cheez-its
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups bbq sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place cheez-its in a large ziplock back and seal. Crush using your hands until finely crushed. Pour into a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray. Pour one cup BBQ sauce into the bottom of the casserole dish** (see note below)
- Pour the remaining 1 cup bbq sauce into a separate shallow dish.
- Start by dipping each chicken breast into the bbq sauce, patting down both sides to make sure its completely covered. Dip the bbq chicken into the bowl with cheez-its and completely cover both sides. Use your fingers to pat down the crackers into each piece of chicken. Place each covered chicken breast into the casserole dish.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes, and then remove cover and continue cooking for another 15 minutes. Be sure to check the chicken for doneness before removing from the oven. When white throughout, it’s done!
- Serve on its own or with rice. Enjoy!
- **NOTE: the BBQ sauce at the bottom of the baking dish is optional. It does make the bottom of the chicken a bit soggy. We liked the extra sauce (especially Pat), but it would be good either way. If you leave the extra sauce out, just serve with a bit of bbq sauce for dipping.
Link to the original: Source link