So for the longest time, I was a coffee faker.
What’s a coffee faker? It’s someone who says they like coffee to impress people but secretly don’t even drink it because it’s too strong. (Being a teenager is hard, okay? I had to impress people where I could… even if it was lying about a coffee obsession.)
My “coffee” was limited to frappes at the local coffee shop which didn’t even have coffee in them. I only got them because I loved all the fun flavors available.
…And then I was introduced to coffee creamers, and my life has changed dramatically for the better, obviously. I started slowly introducing coffee into my morning routine, filled with copious amounts of coffee creamer (AKA, the only way to drink coffee, in my not-so-humble opinion). And to this day, I still can’t have a cup o’ joe without having coffee creamer. It’s, well, the creamer to my coffee. The peanut butter to my jelly. The dog to my bone. You get it, right?
So I bet you’re wondering what my favorite coffee creamer flavor is… and hands-down, it’s Sweet Cream. There’s something about that vanilla-y, ice cream-y flavor that’s so irresistible to me. I just can’t have my coffee without it!
These bars are made with International Delight’s Sweet Cream Creamer IN THE FILLING which imparts such a wonderful, creamy, almost melted ice-cream flavor to these bars. Combined with vanilla bean, these bars taste like your favorite ice cream parlor’s vanilla ice cream but in a gooey, chewy bar form. SO delicious!
And if you’re looking for an awesome Easter recipe… may I suggest these bars!? Topped with a light dusting of powdered sugar and studded with fresh vanilla bean seeds, they’re elegant and perfect for a springtime fete. Serve them up on a gorgeous tiered cake stand so guests can help themselves to a piece to snack on alongside their coffee.
Enjoy, coffee lovers & fakers alike! 🙂
Sweet Cream Gooey Bars
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Bars
These Sweet Cream Gooey Bars are one of my new favorite recipes! The filling is so gooey and fabulous and tastes just like melty vanilla ice cream from your favorite upscale parlor.
- FOR THE BASE:
- 1 box French vanilla or white cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- FOR THE FILLING:
- One 8 ounce pkg cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- One 16 ounce box powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste (or sub 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- ⅓ International Delight Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Additional powdered sugar for dusting on baked bars, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13” rectangular baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together the crust ingredients until a soft dough comes together. Press into the prepared pan in an even layer; set aside briefly.
- Cream the cream cheese until fluffy, about 30 seconds. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the bowl if needed. Beat in the powdered sugar, followed by the creamer, melted butter, and vanilla bean paste.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake for 37-45 minutes or until mostly set. If the center jiggles slightly, that’s okay – you don’t want to over-bake them as they’ll continue to set as they cool.
- Cool completely then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set. Dust with additional powdered sugar before serving.
Have a super sweet day!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Link to the original: Source link