Lemon Cream Cheese Scones are made with butter and cream cheese. These soft, tender scones are finished with a sweet lemon glaze and are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
I wish a plate of Lemon Cream Cheese Scones would magically appear in front of me right now. We got back from California late last night and I could really use a scone pick me up. I love vacation, but vacation hangover is brutal. The struggle is real.
BUT it is Easter weekend and that means it is time for more fun…and time for lots of delicious eats. Bring on Easter brunch! Brunch is my favorite meal, especially when Lemon Cream Cheese Scones are on the menu.
Scones are one of my all-time favorite breakfast treats. I actually like them more than muffins and cinnamon rolls. Well, except for my dad’s famous cinnamon rolls, nothing beats my dad’s cinnamon rolls.
I really love these Lemon Cream Cheese Scones because the flavors are simple, but oh so good! The burst of lemon is delightful! And the scones are so soft and tender due to the use of butter AND cream cheese.
When the scones are done baking and slightly cooled, I drizzle a simple lemon glaze over the tops. The sweet glaze makes the scones even better. Sometimes, I like to eat them with homemade jam too. They are such a nice breakfast or brunch treat. Add them to your Easter menu now!
And if you need more Easter menu ideas check out our Easter recipes here. There are recipes for Easter brunch, dinner, and of course plenty of Easter sweets too! I know our carrot cake is calling your name:)
Have a wonderful Easter weekend!
If you like these Lemon Cream Cheese Scones, you might also like:
Lemon Cream Cheese Scones
These soft and tender lemon scones are made with butter and cream cheese! They are easy to make and great for breakfast or brunch.
Yield: 12 scones
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
For the scones:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cold and cut into pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 1/3 cup whole milk, cold
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Add the flour, baking powder, salt. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Place the cold cream cheese, butter, and eggs in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse to combine, about 6 to 8 times. Scrape down the bowl and add the dry ingredients and milk. Pulse 3 more times and scrape again. Pulse a few more times until the dough comes together.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place on a lightly floured work surface. Fold the dough over on itself several times to make it smoother.
- Divide the dough in 2 equal pieces. Form each piece into about a 6-inch disk. Use a bench scraper or sharp knife to cut the disks into triangles.
- Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until the scones rise up and are golden. Remove the scones from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the scones are cooling, make the lemon glaze. Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the scones. Serve.
All images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Link to the original: Source link