Cadbury Chocolate Egg Cookies are soft cookies with sweet milk chocolate with crunchy candy shells…perfect for an Easter treat!
I know I’m coming in a little under the wire here… I mean Easter in only in 2 days. I haven’t given you a ton of prep time, have I? But the amazingly perfect thing about these cookies is they are totally appropriate before AND after Easter. HELLO SALE CANDY!
I was actually given this most amazing idea from a gal who messaged me on Instagram. When she talked about the milk chocolate and crunchy candy shell on the Cadbury Chocolate Eggs in a cookie, I knew I had to try it. She was OH SO RIGHT! The crunchy candy bits make these different and delicious!
So now, go out and buy out the Cadbury Chocolate Eggs at your store before they’re all gone! Or…go ahead and raid your kiddo’s Easter basket. #judgementfreezone
I actually used the Soft Malted Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that I made a few years ago with a few adaptations. They are a favorite of mine and I knew they would be perfect paired with the milk chocolate!
I mean look at how gorgeous these candies are…
The pretty pastels make my heart happy! Even smashed up they are gorgeous.
I just put them in a zip-top bag and went to town with a rolling pin.
The batter is simple to make, but you will need some Malted Milk. This is a dry powder that can typically be found down the grocery aisle with the hot chocolate mix and powdered drinks…
The batter comes together simply. I added in some milk chocolate chips as well, but this is totally optional!
The malted cookie, paired with the crunchy candy and creamy milk chocolate. I wish they sold these eggs ALL YEAR LONG!!
Cadbury Chocolate Egg Cookies
Author: Cookies & Cups
Serves: 36 cookies
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ cup malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1½ cups Cadbury Milk Chocolate Eggs, crushed)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Whisk flour, malted milk powder, baking powder, salt and cornstarch together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the melted butter and brown sugar on low speed. Alternately, this can be done in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- With mixer still on low, add in the eggs and vanilla, and then finally the dry ingredients until evenly incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Stir in crushed candy and chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (2 tablespoons) drop dough onto prepared baking sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes until the edges golden. Don’t over-bake.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Store airtight for up to 3 days
Link to the original: Source link