SAUSAGE BISCUITS AND GRAVY SKILLET COBBLER! So easy and delicious! This has quickly become our very favorite Christmas morning breakfast and for good reason! Holiday comfort food at its finest.
I’m just so excited about today’s recipe! I will readily admit, I have never been the biggest biscuits and gravy fan. BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT. It’s my mom’s gravy recipe, which is AMAZZZZZING, its being cooked in a skillet, which is my FAVORITE THING EVER, and it’s SO stinking easy, which is my mantra. Is this Sausage Biscuits and Gravy Skillet Cobbler the ultimate Christmas morning breakfast recipe??? It’s up against Meat Lovers Breakfast Pizza, Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread, Easy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake, and lots of other favorites, but it still comes out as a clear favorite. It just might be this years winner. You’re in for a treat today, folks!
Talk about comfort food for breakfast. It doesn’t really get more comforting than biscuits and gravy. Add some spicy sausage, use premade grands biscuits, make it all in JUST ONE PAN, and you’re in business. Is this foodie heaven? No, it’s Christmas morning breakfast! You want something super easy, super delicious, and loved by the entire family. If I’m going to wait to open presents until after I’ve eaten, the recipe better be amazing. This Sausage Biscuits and Gravy Skillet Cobbler is the stuff of holiday legend. Be that legend.
I just can’t believe how well this worked. It’s a Christmas miracle. Not the biggest Christmas miracle ever :), but maybe the biggest food blog miracle. We will be making this for years and years. Taste it and I know you will too.
Becky Hardin | The Cookie Rookie
Sausage Biscuits and Gravy Skillet Cobbler
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cups flour
- 1-2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- ½-1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon Smoky Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3½ cups whole or 2% milk
- 1 (12 oz.) package Ready to Bake Biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium skillet, crumble sausage and cook just until browned. (If the sausage used produces enough sausage grease to pour from the skillet, drain the sausage then return the sausage to the skillet.)
- Sprinkle the flour over the cooked sausage and stir until flour is absorbed. Add seasoned salt, paprika, red pepper flakes and milk. Stir until well combined. Over medium-low heat, cook the gravy (stirring often) until gravy begins to thicken but is still a little soupy.
- Remove pan from heat and place biscuits evenly over the gravy.
- Brush the top of each raw biscuit with melted butter.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake until biscuits are golden on top.
- Transfer skillet to cooling rack (or cooled stovetop) and allow to set for 5 minutes.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Link to the original sourceSource link