These easy 5-ingredient nut clusters are made with almonds, pecans and walnuts dipped in dark melted chocolate and finished with a touch of sea salt for the tastiest and healthy-ish Holiday treat!
I’ve been testing this recipe for several weeks and they are just to-die-for!!! And as a holiday treat, they are healthier than cookies and make great desserts. I brought them to my Moms for Thanksgiving and put each cluster in a mini cupcake liner and placed them in a cookie tin. They were a hit and everyone raved!
You can make as many or little as you want, I’m using 20 as an average amount but there will be plenty of extra chocolate left to make more. To calculate I weighed the nuts and the chocolate used on each cluster. Of course, the size of the nuts you buy will vary. I used Fisher nuts and Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers which worked beautifully. Also, the amount of chocolate will vary depending how much chocolate stays on the nut. I let as much drip off each and calculated accordingly. As the chocolate cools more chocolate will stick to the nut, so you may have to reheat it a few more seconds.
Dark Chocolate Nut Clusters with Sea Salt
Almonds, pecans and walnuts are dipped in dark melted chocolate and finished with a touch of sea salt for the tastiest Holiday treats!
- 20 almonds (total weight 20 grams)
- 20 pecan halves (total weight 20 grams)
- 20 walnut halves (total weight 60 grams)
- 1 package Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers*
- sea salt
- Place chocolate wafers in a medium, microwave safe bowl. Melt in 30 second increments, stirring until melted, about 1 1/2 minutes total.
- Working quickly, dip a walnut into the melted chocolate with a fork and shake the excess off. Transfer to a piece of wax paper. Do the same with the pecan, then lay the pecan on top of the walnut. Repeat with the almond, finishing the cluster. Repeat with the remaining nuts.
- Finish each with a pinch of sea salt, to do this you will want to sprinkle it on top once they are are almost dry so it doesn’t absorb, but not too dry or it won’t stick. Enjoy!!
*Calculated with 80 grams Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers for 20.
Yield: 20 clusters, Serving Size: 1 cluster
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 2
- Points +: 2
- Calories: 54
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 3mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Link to the original: Source link