Hot Chocolate Cookies are made with hot chocolate mix right in the dough! Load them up with milk chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows and you have the cookie version of everyone’s favorite hot beverage!
Before I get to the recipe can we chat for just a second?
You see, my family and I just got back from a weekend stay at Great Wolf Lodge, which is an exercise in humility at it’s very basic level. Let me start by saying my kids had a fantastic time…
Myself on the other hand…well, I certainly enjoy seeing my kids having fun, but a waterpark person, I am not. All the half naked wet people walking around bumping into you with their water tubes…yeah…
And can I just mention the stairs? The STAIRSSSSS? Climbing stairs while wearing a wet bathing suit over and over and overrrrr is probably my new least favorite thing to do.
Also, to you all you people who reserve 40 hundred chairs for their family of 3? Don’t love ya. And ps – leaving an open Capri Sun doesn’t count as reserving a seat. Your Capri Sun doesn’t need to rest it’s weary staircase-climbing legs. You know who does? This girl.
Sorry about the negativity here…I think the chlorine has killed all my patience cells.
In all attempts to regain some sanity, and because it’s ridiculously cold here in the Northeast, I decided to make some cookies.
Hot Chocolate Cookies.
These are super easy.
Just make a simple cookie dough, and add some hot chocolate mix straight into the batter!
I actually only had hot chocolate mix with mini marshmallows, which is totally fine because you’re gonna add in some Marshmallow Bits at the end.
Then chop up some milk chocolate into chunks. You could also use milk chocolate chips, up to you!
Here’s where you add the Marshmallow Bits. If you can’t find the Bits, I don’t recommend that you use Mini Marshmallows in their place. What you could do is place a few marshmallows on top of the cookies when they are almost done baking so they will melt partially on top…just an idea.
These aren’t overly chocolatey cookies. If you would like to up the chocolate factor here, you could sub in some cocoa powder for the hot chocolate mix.
But I just love that they are a subtle chocolate flavor…just like hot chocolate.
My kids go crazy for these cookies and I know you will too!
*I used Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate in this recipe, but you could use any brand!
Hot Chocolate Cookies
makes 24 large cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup hot chocolate mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2¾ cup flour
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate (or milk chocolate chips)
- 1 cup Marshmallow Bits
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for about 1 minute until combined. Add in hot chocolate and continue mixing for about 30 seconds.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and add in salt, baking soda and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Finally, add in milk chocolate and Marshmallow Bits, stirring until evenly mixed in.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until edges are set and slightly golden.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool
Store airtight for up to 3 days
Here are some more Hot Chocolate Recipes that I have done in the past:
Link to the original: Source link