Slow Cooker Creamy Fiesta Chicken is a HUGE hit in my house every time I make it! SO simple and CRAZY delicious!
My slow cooker is out in full force these days. It was my mini New Years resolution. I mean, slow cooking and pressure cooking is always something I try to do, but I really want to get into using it a few times a week. It just makes the evenings so much easier.
And I’m always about a Tex-Mex dish, which always seem to be super adaptable to the slow cooker.
A few years ago I posted a recipe for Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken and it was crazy popular. It’s still one of my go-to weeknight meals. I like it because it makes a huge amount, so I make it, use it all week or freeze it.
So today we’re taking that base recipe, switching up a few little things and making it CREAMY! Oh dude, you’re gonna freaking LOVE THIS STUFF! It’s crazy easy, super delicious and just the right amount of spicy!
AND I made a little video to show you just HOW easy!
The amazing thing about this recipe is that you can use it in tacos, like I showed in the video, or you could serve it over rice, in a quesadilla, in enchiladas, stuffed in a baked potato, on its own…get creative!
So get your slow cookers ready! I am 100% sure you are going to love this!
Creamy Fiesta Chicken
Author: Cookies & Cups
Serves: serves 6-8
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (15- ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15- ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10- ounce) can of diced tomatoes and chilis (such as RoTel), drained
- 2 (1- ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, cubed
- In a large slow cooker combine the chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasoning.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours (or low for 6-8) or until the chicken is fork tender and shreds easily.
- Add cream cheese and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken and stir all the ingredients to combine.
- Serve warm.
store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Or freeze for up to 30 days.
Link to the original: Source link