Can you believe Valentine’s Day is right around the corner?
If there’s one thing I love about Valentine’s Day it’s the sugar. Boxes of chocolate, cute cookies, red velvet cakes, and more.
Normally I am not one for cutout cookies for a few reasons. I hate rolling out dough and after many cutout cookies are crisp or crunchy which isn’t my kind of cookie.
These cookies are soft, chewy, dense, made in one bowl, and you don’t have to roll them out. Total win.
If you don’t want to make frosting, use storebought. If you skip making your own frosting, this becomes a no-mixer recipe as well.
Soft Frosted Valentine Heart Cookies
These easy cookies are soft, chewy, dense, made in one bowl, and you don’t have to roll them out. Rather than making cookie dough, I used my trusty blondie base, baked the dough off in a pan, and used heart-shaped cutters to cut out cookies. If you don’t want to make frosting, use storebought and then this becomes a no-mixer recipe as well. The sprinkles are both baked into the cookies and on top.
Yield: about 6 large cookies, depending on cutters used (or one 8×8-inch pan)
Prep Time: about 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 20 to 24 minutes
Total Time: about 2+ hours, for cooling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cinnamon (I use 3 but reduce to taste if you’re sensitive to cinnamon)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup sprinkles (I used a combination of these and these)
- Cookies – Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula as necessary. Bake for about 20 to 24 minutes, or until top is set in center and done; don’t overbake. Blondies firm up as they cool. A toothpick should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 90 minutes before cutting and frosting.
- Cut with heart-shaped cookie cutters or simply frost the entire pan if desired.
- Frosting – To a large bowl (or to the bowl of a stand mixer) add the butter and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and beat with an electric mixer (or use the paddle attachment of a stand mixer) to incorporate.
- Add the cream slowly in the amount necessary to achieve desired frosting consistency.
- Turn frosting out over cookies. Note – You may have a small amount of frosting left over if you don’t like an overly thick amount of frosting on your cookies. If you leave the 8×8 pan intact and don’t cut into cookies, it will be approximately the right amount. Extra frosting will keep airtight in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.
- Add sprinkles to decorate.
- Cookies will keep airtight at room temp for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week. I’m comfortable storing frosted items at room temp, but if you’re not store in the fridge noting cookies will be more prone to drying out in the fridge.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars with Pink Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Much faster, easier, and more foolproof to make than cookies and great tangy cream cheese frosting!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting –Super soft and tender cookies that just melt in your mouth! Goofproof cookies everyone loves! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!, Mother’s Day, or Easter!
Strawberry Cookie Bars with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Soft, chewy, and bursting with strawberry flavor!! The frosting and sprinkles make these easy, goof-proof bars taste even better! Perfect for parties and holidays!
Soft M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – The softest, thickest, best M&M cookies ever! People love these big cookies loaded with M&Ms & chocolate!
Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M Cookie Pie – If you like M&M cookies, you’ll love this biggie version! Super easy and always a big hit!
Red Velvet Gooey Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – The softest, moistest, gooiest cookies ever! They’re so buttery they just melt in your mouth!
Valentine Chocolate Almond Clusters – You don’t need a box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day when you can have these!! Easy, no-bake, ready in 15 minutes, and homemade always tastes better!
Link to the original: Source link