Pizza Muffins! Your family will love this quick meal…add in your favorite pizza toppings to make it your own!
I am always on the hunt for new dinner ideas. Things that are easy, that my family will love. My boys have fully begun their spring sports schedule, so that means dinners most nights are either at 3:30, at 9:00 or eaten in the car. I am basically trying to figure out how to turn after school snacks into full meals.
Which brings me to today’s recipe. Pizza Muffins.These are so super simple, starting with canned biscuits…and you can actually add in whatever toppings your kids like!
Start by rolling out the biscuits and pressing them into a greased muffin tin…
I went ahead and made a quick garlic butter to brush the biscuits with…
because, well, GARLIC BUTTER!
I just figured an extra layer of flavor couldn’t hurt anyone!
Brush the butter onto the dough…
Meanwhile make a quick meat sauce. I just used ground beef, cooked with some diced onion, and garlic. I stirred in some pizza sauce and then chopped up some pepperoni and mixed that in too!
Just spoon the meat into the muffins…
And then, of course, you need to add cheese!
Bake them for about 20 minutes and they will look like this…
You can sprinkle some basil on top, like I did, or leave them plain.
Then dig in!
My family loves these…and I’ve made them lots of different ways! You can use ground sausage instead of the beef, you can add in mushrooms, olives… whatever kind of pizza you like will totally work!
Author: Cookies & Cups
Serves: 10 muffins
- 1 (7.5- ounce) can biscuits, 10 count
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1¼ teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 (14- ounce) jar pizza sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups grated, low moisture mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll out each biscuit until it’s approximately 5″ in diameter. Line each muffin tin with flattened biscuit.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook ground beef, onion and garlic until the meat is cooked and the onions are soft. Drain excess fat if necessary. Add in the pepperoni and pizza sauce and cook until heated through. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl combine the butter and remaining ¼ teaspoon garlic. Microwave for 15-20 seconds until the butter is melted. Brush the biscuits with the melted butter.
- Using a heaping spoonful, scoop the meat mixture evenly into each biscuit. Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges of the biscuit are golden and the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Link to the original: Source link