Weekly pizza night just got a LOT more interesting with Three Cheese Stromboli!
Okay so maybe Three Cheese Stromboli doesn’t cover it all. It’s more like Three Cheese Stromboli with Roasted Red Peppers, Prosciutto, Red Peppers and my Basil Vinaigrette for dipping. But seeing as how that’s a bit of a tongue twister, I’m sticking to Three Cheese Stromboli.
But regardless of the name, how could you possibly go wrong with all those ingredients wrapped up in homemade (or store-bought) pizza dough? It’s perhaps one of the greatest inventions of all times. It’s like a pizza sandwich, and it’s one that I can absolutely get behind!
- 1 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 9 slices deli style mozzarella cheese
- 3 roasted red pepper peppers, each one sliced flat, into 3 or 4 pieces, blotted dry
- 6 slices deli style havarti cheese
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- olive oil
- Let the dough rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Roll the dough into a 14″ x 8″ rectangle.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the bottom of the dough, leaving some space at the edges. Top with the mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, roasted red peppers, havarti cheese, half of the parmesan cheese and basil leaves evenly over dough, layer by layer in the order listed above. Roll up the dough, starting at one of the shorter sides, but without rolling too tightly. Seal all ends well, pinching the dough together.
- Place on oiled baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Use a skewer or knife to pierce several holes through the dough all the way down to the baking sheet but not all the way through. Brush loaf with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about an 30-40 until golden brown. Let rest a few minutes before slicing. Top with shaved parmesan.
Link to the original: Source link