I brought a few things home from our Italy trip last year… a few extra pounds, some shoes, and a major love for Melon Caprese Skewers!
There were a few constants while in Italy – I’d always have an Aperol Sprtiz before dinner. We’d get pizza and gelato at least once a day. And a melon and prosciutto appetizer was always ordered for dinner. It’s the perfect combo of salty and sweet and I’ve been making these on repeat since coming home.
Seeing as how summer is upon us, and it’s all about entertaining, I turned our favorite appetizer into a bite sized snack that you can make, bring, serve, devour all summer long. 3 kinds of melon, honeydew, cantaloupe and watermelon skewered with fresh mozzarella and salty prosciutto and then drizzled with basil vinaigrette. What more could you ask for? It’s beyond simple!
- 1/2 cup Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 small cantaloupe, scooped into balls
- 1 small honeydew, scooped into balls
- 1 small seedless watermelon, scooped into balls
- 20 fresh water-packed mozzarella balls, drained
- 10 thin slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise, gathered into ruffle
- Small wooden skewers (about 4-6 inches long)
- Maldon sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Thread an assortment of the ingredients on the skewer – melon ball, basil leaf, mozzarella ball, ruffled prosciutto etc.
- Arrange skewers on platter. Drizzle with basil vinaigrette and sprinkle with maldon sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Link to the original: Source link