Sweet Potato Rolls-soft and fluffy sweet potato yeast rolls are the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or any meal. They turn out perfect every time and are so good served warm with butter!
Thanksgiving is next week! How did that happen? Are you ready? Do you have your menu finalized? We aren’t hosting this year, but we will be making my favorite brussels sprouts, the best cranberry sauce, pumpkin cake, and Sweet Potato Rolls. Homemade rolls are a MUST on Thanksgiving and these easy sweet potato dinner rolls are our favorite! You need to make them this year!
Sweet potatoes are in my top 5 favorite foods of all time. I LOVE them! Put them in a homemade dinner roll, best thing EVER, especially when they are served warm with lots of honey butter or homemade jam. YES!
Tips for making Sweet Potato Rolls
- Make mashed sweet potatoes in advance. This is a great recipe for using up leftover mashed sweet potatoes.
- We use active dry yeast for this recipe.
- Let the rolls rise in a warm spot. We have a proof setting on our oven, but if you don’t, find the warmest spot in your house.
- We like to make cloverleaf rolls, where you form the dough into three balls and let them rise in a muffin tin. The boys call them Mickey Mouse rolls:) If you want to make regular dinner rolls, you can form the dough into rolls and bake in regular pans.
- The rolls are SO good served warm with honey butter.
- The rolls freeze well. Cool completely and place in a freezer bag for up to one month.
We hope our Sweet Potato Rolls make an appearance on your Thanksgiving table this year. Warning, they won’t last long. Our boys devour these rolls every time we make them. They are a family favorite and we hope you enjoy them too!
And if you don’t have time to make them for Thanksgiving, you can make them for Christmas, Easter, or to go with any meal! They are a great roll for any occasion!
If you like these Sweet Potato Rolls, you might also like:
Sweet Potato Rolls
Soft and fluffy sweet potato rolls are the PERFECT dinner roll! Make them to go with your next meal!
Yield: 24 rolls
Prep Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (one packet)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Pinch of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup warm milk
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Honey butter, for serving, optional
- In a small bowl, put the yeast in the warm water and stir with a spoon. Let sit for about five minutes or until the yeast starts to bubble.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together sugar, butter, and salt. Add the warm milk and stir in one cup of the flour. Next, add the yeast mixture and the beaten eggs. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and stir. Add in the remaining flour and mix until the dough comes together.
- Remove the beater blade and switch to the dough hook, knead for about 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead a few times by hand. If the dough is really sticky you can need in a little extra flour.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl and let rise in a warm spot for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough. To form the rolls, pinch off about a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place three balls into a greased muffin tin. Continue forming rolls until dough is gone.
- Cover the pans with clean towels. Let the rolls rise until doubled in size, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake rolls at 375 degrees F for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm with honey butter, if desired.
All images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Link to the original: Source link