Cranberry Orange Meltaway Cookies are soft, tart and sweet! The texture is fantastic and the fresh orange zest and glaze makes these cookies irresistible!
I’ve partnered with Challenge Dairy on this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this site possible.
So let me tell you. I am OBSESSED with these cookies. I don’t even know. I mean, I can’t explain. They look pretty innocent…and might I even say a little boring? BUT THEY AREN’T. They are so freaking good!
MY OTHER RECIPES
Today is DAY 10 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies. Have you been keeping up? Baking along? Missed the first 9 days? No worries, friends…at the bottom of this post is a recap of the first 9 recipes. They’re all good ones, so they’re worth a look.
But today we have buttery, soft, CRAZY yummy Cranberry Orange Meltaways. They might be my favorite cookie of all 12. I mean, I’ll probably change my mind tomorrow…but TODAY they’re my favorite.
Like I said up top, I partnered with my faves over at Challenge Dairy on these. You guys all know how much I love Challenge…I almost feel like a broken record! BUT I just love that their butter is churned daily from two natural ingredients: the freshest 100% real pasteurized sweet cream and salt. That’s it. Challenge is the only dairy company that controls the entire butter process, beginning with the milk, which is why the flavor is always consistent and pure. And in cookie baking, I think butter is the most important ingredient.
These cookies come together in a just a few quick steps.
First, for these cookies, because I wanted an ultra soft texture, I soaked the dried cranberries in water for just a few minutes before baking. I wanted to plump them up just a bit, so they would be soft, like the cookie!
The cookie dough itself is just a few ingredients…
I used a medium cookie scoop, so they would all be the same shape and size…
When they’re baked, they will look pretty perfect…
But I’ve never been one to say no to a little sweet glaze. And this one is made with powdered sugar and fresh orange juice to add a little tartness!
Trust me on these…you will LOVE them! They are the perfect winter cookie!
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup Challenge unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the dried cranberries in a small bowl and cover with water. Allow them to soak for 5-10 minutes.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the zest, egg, vanilla, and baking soda. Mix for 1 minutes until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined.
- Drain the cranberries and pat dry. Add the into the dough and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden, being careful not to over bake.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and orange juice in a medium bowl. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the glaze onto each cookie and allow the glaze to set.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days for best freshness.
Missed any of the first days of the 12 days of Christmas Cookies? heck them all out below!
Day 1: 3 Ingredient Shortbread
Day 4: Perfect Spritz Cookies
Day 5: Lemon Thumbprint Cookies
Day 7: Coconut Snowman Cookies
Day 8: Red Velvet Snowball Cookies
Day 9: Soft Molasses Cookies
Link to the original: Source link