Spicy maple grilled brussels sprouts are the most delicious side dish. The brussels sprouts get caramelized, slightly charred on the outside and are full of sweet and spicy flavor.
Tony and I are heading off to hot and humid Minnesota for a wedding this weekend. I realize it seems crazy to say hot and humid, but every time I check the weather in Minnesota it says 85-90.
After the wedding on Friday, we’re heading up to my Godparent’s cabin up north. Since I was 6 months old, I’ve been heading up to the cabin with my family — it holds such special memories and I can’t wait to relax, cook delicious food with my Godfather and of course, watch Tony go fishing for hours and hours. I’m bringing a few books with me for a little R&R time including Crazy Rich Asians, and a new to me book, The Body Keeps Score, which I’m even more excited about. If you have any MUST READ books, let me know! I love hearing your recommendations.
So, anyway — let’s talk about the sprouts. Have you ever grilled brussels sprouts before? They’re delicious, especially when coated with this sweet and spicy maple dijon sauce. The sprouts will caramelize slightly and have a gorgeous char from the grill. Who could resist.
I have to admit, the hardest part about this recipe is getting them on the skewer, but it’s so worth it because hello… look how cute turn out. I highly recommend drizzling them with your favorite sauce too — maybe a siracha aioli or a garlic tahini sauce? YASSS.
Enjoy this recipe. Great year round and good for you too.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram. You can also leave a comment and rate the recipe below, which helps other readers know how you liked a recipe. xo!
Spicy Maple Dijon Grilled Brussels Sprouts
Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 15.1g
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 3.1g
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 400 degrees F) and lightly oil the grate.
- Cut off the stem of the brussels sprouts (just the white part on the bottom) and remove any outer yellow leaves. Be very careful not to cut too much off the stem, otherwise the leaves will all fall off!
- Place brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, dijon, garlic, cayenne, salt and pepper. Pour all over the brussel sprouts and toss until they’re full coated.
- Skewer 4-5 brussels onto each skewer. Reserve extra sauce in the bottom of the bowl.
- Place skewers on grill, cooking for about 5-7 minutes per side, or until brussels sprouts are golden brown and slightly charred. Before serving, brush brussels with any remaining sauce and sprinkle with a little extra salt, if desired. Serves 4.
Link to the original: Source link