Honey Mustard Chicken Salad With Bacon, Avocado and a crazy good 5 ingredient dressing that doubles as a marinade!
Refreshing, sweet and savoury all at the same time! A popular reader favourite, this Honey Mustard Chicken Salad has been remade all over the world time and time again! You all know me by now that when I create a salad recipe, it ends up being a giant salad that’s a meal in itself. Amazing combinations in a bowl with a hint of garlic, crispy bacon, creamy avocado slices, juicy tomatoes and red onion slices. This is THE ultimate in chicken salad recipes.
Being a fan of honey mustard everything, I gave up enjoying honey mustard dressing on salads because of all of the mayo and calories normally sneaking their way into them. Then, this salad happened. Waking up with the strongest honey mustard craving, I created this salad with FLAVOUR in mind!
Honey Mustard Dressing / Marinade
The best honey mustard dressing is right here! Not only does it double as the dressing AND marinade, it creates the most deliciously crispy, golden edges on the chicken, giving us even more flavour! Halving the dressing to use as a marinade, THEN using the remaining UNTOUCHED dressing to drizzle over the salad once it’s all done and ready to eat has got to be the best way to keep the incredible honey mustard flavours going. May the mustard gods help me! So creamy and sweet and tangy… the perfect balance all in one!
You won’t believe something so simple can lead to something tasting so sinful.
Grilled or Seared Honey Mustard Chicken
In less than 15 minutes you have caramelised and tender honey mustard chicken thighs. If you don’t have time to marinade them for the suggested couple of hours, it’s absolutely fine to cook them right away. You use grill or sear them in a skillet. The choice is yours!
Wash and prep your salad vegetables while your chicken is sizzling away on the pan, smelling those incredible smells flooding your kitchen. Watching the sauce bubbling and thickening around each thigh while coating them in a beautiful syrup is my absolute favourite part.
To make up the veg part in this recipe, I used the following:
- Romaine lettuce (or Cos if in Australia)
- Avocado slices
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Red onion slices
- Corn kernels (fresh, frozen and thawed or tinned)
Optional Salad Additions
- Crispy bacon
- Boiled egg slices
- Asparagus spears
WATCH HOW WE MAKE THIS HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN SALAD RIGHT HERE!
Looking for more Chicken Salad recipes? Try these!
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad With Bacon & Avocado
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad With Bacon, Avocado and a crazy good 5 ingredient dressing that doubles as a marinade! A popular reader favourite, this Honey Mustard Chicken Salad has been remade all over the world time and time again! A salad that’s a meal in itself, this is THE ultimate in chicken salad recipes.
ORIGINAL CAFEDELITES RECIPE
Dressing / Marinade:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth and mild Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar), ((OPTIONAL — to cut through the sweetness))
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to season
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup diced bacon, (trimmed of rind and fat)
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, (washed)
- 1 cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, (pitted and sliced)
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 of a red onion, (sliced)
- Whisk marinade / dressing ingredients together to combine. Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken fillets for two hours if time allows. Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or grill pan or skillet) over medium heat with about a teaspoon of oil and sear / grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. (Grill in batches to prevent excess water being released.) Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and fry the bacon until crispy.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, tomatoes, avocado slices, corn, onion strips and chicken.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of water into the remaining untouched marinade / dressing and drizzle over the salad. Sprinkle the bacon over the top and season with a little extra salt and cracked pepper (optional).
Link to the original: Source link