I first came across these Aussie treats at Costco a while ago and I quite enjoy them! Of course I thought about making them myself and this is my version of them! These snacks are pretty simple with a bunch of great ingredients such as rolled oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, quinoa, flax seeds, hemp hearts, and chia seeds seeds all held together with butter, honey, coconut oil and chopped apricots and raisins. Everything is pulsed in a food processor to chop it up a bit and baked in mini muffin pans to make perfectly sized two-bite snacks! The sweetness comes naturally from the honey, apricots and raisins and I find that it’s the perfect level, not being too sweet, like cookies can be. Many of the ingredients are so-call super foods and packed with nutrients making these snacks pretty healthy; great for after school treats!
Aussie Bite Copycat
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:10 minutes Total Time:20 minutes Servings: 24
Two-bite honey and apricot treats inspired by the Aussie bite Costco snacks; light, healthy and tasty!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup apricots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Pulse the rolled oats in a food processor until fine, almost flour like.
- Add the apricots and raisins and pulse until they are small pieces.
- Add the rolled oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, quinoa, flax seeds, hemp hearts, chia seeds, salt and baking powder and pulse a few times to combine well.
- Mix in the butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla, place in mini muffin pans and bake in a 350F/180C oven until they JUST start to turn a light golden brown on the edges, about 8-10 minutes, before removing them from the oven to cool completely in the pans before removing and enjoying!
Note: Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
Option: Replace the honey with maple syrup.
Option: Replace the honey with liquid sweetener of choice for vegan.
Option: Replace the apricots and/or raisins with other dried fruit of choice.
Option: Replace the coconut oil with vegetable oil.
Link to the original: Source link