Mushroom Chicken Parmesan Pasta is on the menu today and I am PUMPED!!
Chicken Parm in ANY form is near and dear to my heart. It was the first dish I ever learned how to make in college! And let me tell you, I cooked it for ALL THE EVENTS. Tennis team dinner, check. Date night with Thomas, check. Christmas with my family, check. You get the idea. I’ve made it into all sorts of mash up recipes here on WGC (chicken parmesan meatballs, chicken parmesan gnocchi bake, chicken parmesan pizza) and today is the latest and greatest.
This is a chicken parm pasta but instead of it just using all chicken, I used a ton of chopped mushrooms too! It gives it this extra bit of flavor and bulks it up without having to just have the chicken in the sauce. It’s such an epic dinner idea, I know you guys are going to love it!
Make the sauce, throw it with some pasta, and call it a day. And then make another batch of sauce, or double the original recipe, and freeze it for when you’re in a pinch for dinner! You’re welcome!
It’s one of my favorite weeknight meals and it seriously couldn’t be easier!! If you need a quick video play by play – I made one for you right here!
Mushroom Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound crimini or baby bella mushrooms, finely dice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, chicken, salt, and pepper and cook until the chicken is fully done.
- Spoon off and discard any fat. Add the tomatoes and their juices and the tomato basil pasta sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in half of the Parmesan. Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the sauce to the pasta and toss. Transfer to a large bowl or serve in the skillet.
Link to the original: Source link