Oh man you guys. We’re bringing back the breakfast muffins. Chocolate Chip Muffins are happening today and they are bringing me back to when I was a kid and I’d get a giant muffin every morning for breakfast!
Did you guys grow up having sweets for breakfast? Is that normal? Or was it the Dalkin family sweet tooth coming out to shine at an early age? Regardless, I’m not mad at it! My parents both have a sweet tooth and it was absolutely passed down to me and my sister! We used to split one of those giant chocolate chip muffins every morning for breakfast and head off to school. The muffins were almost cake like and dotted with plenty of chocolate chips. We’d heat them up in the microwave for 20 seconds so we could get them warm and taste all that deliciousness. They were buttery and chocolaty, and I LIVE for the days when I get around to making some and can enjoy them for breakfast as an adult!
So naturally they deserve a place on the blog, right? Obviously! Let’s make them!
These couldn’t be easier and I bet you have the majority of the ingredients on hand this very minute. It’s the usual, butter, eggs, milk, flour, sugar situation but I upped the ante (as I usually do) and used the Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt! Now I know what you’re thinking, butter with olive oil? I know, bear with me! It actually is the BEST way to make muffins. The combo of butter and oil gives them more moisture, they stay fresh a bit longer, and the muffin tops get a better shape! You could also use Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil, but I love the one with olive oil and a hint of salt! It’s perfection. So… now that we are all experts on muffins… do yourself a favor and make these ASAP!
- 8 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt, eggs and milk in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips and fold until evenly combine.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin liners. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick or knife can be inserted into the center of the muffin and comes out clean. Eat warm with a schmear of more Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt or at room temperature.
** This post is brought to you by Land O’Lakes (which is legit the world’s best butter and I’m willing to put it to a butter taste test any day of the year!) All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
Link to the original: Source link