When you combine 3 of my favorite things, pizza, burrata, and spring you get the most delish Burrata Snap Pea and Asparagus Pizza!
Not that we ever needed an excuse for pizza night – but if we did, I think spring produce is enough of an excuse! All the vegetables available at the market these days gives me endless inspiration for pizza and this Burrata Snap Pea and Asparagus Pizza is the latest and greatest in my kitchen!
I’ve been busy working on my next book and so pizza is ON MY MIND! I dream about it (and game of thrones). I think about it when I’m eating breakfast. I’m constantly brainstorming new ways to eat one of my favorite foods. This Burrata Snap Pea and Asparagus Pizza is a trio of incredible flavors. One – it’s loaded with a roasted garlic paste. Two – there’s some melted fresh mozzarella and tallegio cheese (which will change your life if you’ve never tried it!) And Three – it’s topped with farmers market veggies including asparagus and snap peas and then BURRATA! It’s perfect and refreshing and clean.
Asparagus and Snap Pea Pizza
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim the top of the head of garlic to expose the tops of the garlic cloves. Place the head of garlic on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap the head of garlic up in the foil and transfer to the oven to roast for 40 minutes. Once soft, remove the head of garlic from the oven and carefully pop out the individual garlic cloves into a bowl. Add the remaining olive oil, lemon zest red pepper flakes and the parmesan cheese. Mash the mixture together with a fork and use as needed for the pizza.
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 even pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel. Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be heated, use a spoon to spread the roasted garlic paste all around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust.
- Top each pizza with equal parts of both shredded cheese, asparagus and snap peas. Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is golden and cheese is bubbling.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with the torn burrata and prosciutto. Season with salt and pepper and additional red pepper flakes if needed slice and serve.
For the Roasted Garlic Paste
For the Pizza
Link to the original: Source link