This No-Bake Funfetti Oreo Icebox Cake is sweet, simple and oh so tasty! With layers of chocolaty Oreos and a homemade birthday cake mousse, it’s a show-stopping cake that everyone will love!
Sorry for my brief sabbatical last week! Do you know what it’s like to have stuff you have to do and you just completely drop the ball? Yeah, that was last week. I blame Mercury Retrograde.
I felt like I had a zillion errands to run and things to do, but my blog (and my newfound gym activity) fell by the wayside. I apologize for my brief stint at dropping the ball. But now I’m back and I brought with me this amazing cake.
Here in Sacramento we’ve been blessed with a very mild summer until recently when the temps skyrocketed to over 100 degrees. *cries* Stores, the mall, the park, even my community pool at times are barren wastelands because it’s simply too hot to go outside. I’d imagine everyone’s at the lake or river, or the local water park… or maybe enjoying a summertime BBQ or pool party. I’ve just been at home watching old episodes of Nip/Tuck and binge-eating popsicles.
But in between Otter Pops and commercial breaks, I decided to make this cake and it was an amazing decision. Whether you’re going to make it at home in your air conditioning or take it go to a party or BBQ, it’s a show-stopping icebox cake that cannot be missed!
It looks super complicated, but I assure you, it’s pretty simple if not a teensy bit labor-intensive. You just layer a bunch of birthday cake Oreos (or regular flavor if you can’t find the birthday cake ones) and a homemade birthday cake mousse that is totally to-die for. To make it really easy to serve, you’ll layer these together in a springform pan with detachable sides. It’s a life-saver!
Just before serving, I garnished it with some whipped cream and extra sprinkles, of course. Sprinkles make everything infinitely better.
And now if you’ll excuse me, I have ALL of the Oreo icebox cakes to make now that I’ve tried this No-Bake Funfetti Oreo Icebox Cake!
No-Bake Funfetti Oreo Icebox Cake
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: No Bake
This No-Bake Funfetti Oreo Icebox Cake is to-die for! Layers of birthday cake Oreos and a homemade birthday cake mousse complete this simple and stunning cake.
- 2 packages birthday cake Oreos (may use regular or Double Stuf Oreos)
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 & ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ cup dry white cake mix (just the dry powder)
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Additional whipped cream and sprinkles for garnish, optional but recommended
- Lightly grease the sides and bottom of a 9″ round springform pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream on HIGH power with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form, about 4-5 minutes. Add in the confectioners’ sugar and dry cake mix powder and beat until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes longer. Stir in the rainbow sprinkles. Pour the whipped cream mixture into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In the same bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla until smooth and blended, about 1 minute. Fold the whipped cream mixture back into the cream cheese mixture until no streaks remain and mixture is fluffy and fully incorporated. Spread about ¼ cup of the mixture onto the bottom of the springform pan. This just helps adhere the first layer of Oreos.
- Dip an Oreo one at a time into the milk and layer around the bottom of the pan, breaking Oreos to fit if necessary. Spread ⅓ of the mousse mixture over the top with an offset spatula. Repeat with the Oreo layer, then another ⅓ of the mousse layer. Repeat layers once more, finishing with the remaining birthday cake mousse.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, garnish with additional whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles.
The hardest part is waiting for the icebox cake to set in the fridge, but once the time is up, you’ll be rewarded with the most delicious icebox cake ever!
Have a super sweet day!
Link to the original: Original Source Link