Tender and incredibly juicy Cajun Butter Chicken Breasts are easy to cook and deliciously succulent!
Our readers love quick and simple chicken recipes ready in an instant without marinating. The flavour lies in the best chicken seasoning! Just like our Creamy Garlic Chicken, or this Quick And Easy Herb Chicken, you’re going to love this recipe. And if that’s not enough, make a full flavoured magic sauce with pan juices in less than 5 minutes to drizzle all over your chicken!
Juicy boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked right on the stove is a dream come true! Forget dry breasts with this whopper of a recipe inspired by our Cajun Butter Steak Bites.
The best part is you don’t need much to make them, especially if you have Cajun seasoning on hand (just make sure you’re using a LOW SODIUM brand). If not? We’ve included the perfect quantity of Cajun you need for these chicken breasts.
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN BREASTS
A super quick recipe that packs a punch!
- You’re going to mix up your own simple Cajun seasoning. I find doing it yourself ensures the best flavour.
- Drizzle with oil to really rub the flavours into each fillet.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan: butter provides incredible flavour while oil allows you to sear at higher temperatures, allowing you to get a perfect sear without burning your pan or your grease.
- Sear your fillets in batches of two to avoid overcrowding your pan.
- Cook chicken breasts — untouched — on each side to give them time to get a crispy golden outer crust while sealing in juices.
- Once they’re cooked, let them rest for 5 minutes and proceed to use those leftover bits in the skillet to make the best pan juices!
If using extra large or thick chicken breasts like I have pictured, slice 2 breasts in half lengthwise (horizontally) to create 4 fillets. This saves you from pounding them into an even thickness before cooking.
HOW TO STORE COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS
Let chicken cool down completely before storing in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days, or use LEFTOVERS in a salad the next day.
CAN YOU FREEZE COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS?
Wrap with 2 layers of plastic wrap, then wrap with aluminium foil to create a secure seal. Freeze in a freezer bag for up to 2 months.
MORE EASY CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
Tender pan seared chicken breasts are goldena and full flavoured. Seared in Cajun seasoning and garlic butter, ready in under 15 minutes. No marinating!
Serves: 4 people
For Cajun Seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar KETO: use brown sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each chili powder and cayenne pepper, add more if you like heat
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 large chicken breasts (8-11oz | 250-300g each), sliced horizontally in half to make 4 steaks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock/broth
Combine cajun seasoning ingredients and toss chicken in the seasoning. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of oil and rub seasoning all over to evenly coat.
Heat remaining oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until combined and hot.
Sear chicken in batches for 5-7 minutes each side until golden or internal temperature is 165°F / 75°C using a meat thermometer. Remove from pan; set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
While chicken is resting, make the sauce. Reduce heat to medium. Melt remaining butter in the pan. Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds), while scraping up any browned bits from the pan. Pour in the broth and let reduce for 2-3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Take the pan off the heat. Drizzle sauce over the chicken.
*Feel free to use 3 tablespoons of store bought LOW SALT Cajun seasoning.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g
Link to the original: Original Source Link