Need something to put on the dinner table in roughly 15-20 minutes – look no further! This Sheet Pan Broiled Salmon is a perfect weeknight meal!
Sheet pan dinners… it’s pretty much the easiest way to get dinner on the table without making a mess and having 239047 dishes to do at the end of the night. This Sheet Pan Broiled Salmon is currently my everything for many reasons.
First – it’s fast. Like so fast. You can come home, marinade the salmon for 30 minutes while you have a glass of wine, get some work done, change into your comfy clothes etc… you get the idea. Once the salmon is marinated, it goes onto the sheet pan and into the oven. 10 minutes later… dinner.
Second – if you didn’t gather that I’m obsessed with Broccolini, you’ve clearly been MIA. I’m obsessed. It’s so versatile, takes on any flavor and it’s just more fun that regular broccoli. It’s the base of this sheet pan dinner and it’s perfect. You could also do just about any other vegetable that you preferred. The key to broiling veggies on this sheet pan dinner is making sure they are long and skinny so they broil quickly. I’ve done it with green beans – easy. Sliced carrots – yes please. You get the idea.
Third (and lastly) – there’s barely any clean up! If you want to make it even easier to clean up, place a sheet of tin foil on the bottom of your baking sheet before broiling the veggies and the fish. That way, when you’re done, you can just crumble up the tin foil and toss it. Feels pretty easy right…. that’s because it is!
So next time you need dinner on the table in 20 minutes or less… make this!! And you could even make the marinade ahead of time and just pop the fish into it after work!
Broiled Salmon with Broccolini
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 8-ounce skin-on center-cut salmon fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced lengthwise to make them extra thin
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Fresno chile, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, shallot, lime juice, soy sauce, honey and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper place in a zip top plastic bag and add half of marinade. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible and let the salmon sit for 30-60 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Preheat broiler.
- Toss the broccolini with remaining olive oil on small baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Broil until lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Remove salmon from marinade and nestle on top of the broccolini. Spoon 1/2 of the remaining marinade over and place back under the broiler until the salmon is charred around edges, about 6 minutes.
- Spoon the rest of the marinade over the top and add the sliced scallions and sliced Fresno chile. Broil, about 2 minutes more until the salmon is charred and medium at thickest part. Let rest for a few minutes for any residual cooking and serve.
Link to the original: Original Source Link