Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:10 minutes Total Time:20 minutes Servings: 4
Quick and easy Chinese style cashew chicken thats lighter and healthier and ready in under 20 minutes!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons (low sodium) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chill sauce (such as sambal oelek or sriracha)
- 1/4 cup (low sodium) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced and divided between white and green
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 cup cashews, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, chili sauce, broth and cornstarch and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet/wok over medium-high heat, add the chicken and saute, about 6 minutes.
- Add the whites of the onions, garlic and ginger to the pan and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sauce mixture and saute, until the sauce thickens a bit, about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the cashews, sesame oil, sesame seeds and the greens of the onions and enjoy!
Option: Add vegetables such as bell pepper, snap peas, broccoli, edamame, etc. In general add them to the pan after the chicken is cooked and saute, until just tender before moving on to adding the onions, garlic and ginger.
Link to the original: Original Source Link