These Chocolate Sprinkle Halloween Cookies are so easy to make, totally cute, and completely festive! Rich, chocolate cookies with an Oreo baked inside and coated with festive sprinkles will put a smile on your face!
With Halloween right around the corner I realized it has been a minute since I shared a Halloween specific treat! I used to do a lot of holiday themed desserts back in the day, but haven’t done any in a few years on this site, so I figured, why not get a little festive?!
These Halloween Cookies Have A Surprise Inside!
Since my days of decorating complicated sugar cookies and baking tiered cakes is long gone, my festive treats are guaranteed to be EASY! I’ve decided the less time you spend stressing about making the treat, leaves you with more time to ENJOY the treat! So these Halloween Cookies fit my criteria in a major way. Easy, cute, and stuffed with an Oreo…what’s not to love?
Cookies stuffed with an Oreo have been around for years, and I most definitely didn’t invent the idea! My friend Jenny did these first way back in 2011 and the internet went crazy! Of course I have made her version so many times, which is where I got the inspiration for this Halloween version!
I used a thick, chocolate cookie as the base and sandwiched a Halloween Oreo in the middle. I thought the orange filling would be super cute, and I think they turned out perfect!
How To Make Oreo Stuffed Halloween Cookies
Getting that Oreo inside of the cookie, and having the dough be the right consistency is the main trick to these cookies. Luckily it couldn’t be easier with my chocolate cookie recipe!
Do You Have To Chill The Dough?
Nope! My chocolate cookie recipe are thick enough that you don’t need to chill your dough at all!
Do You Have To Use A Cookie Scoop?
The answer here is definitely no…BUT it sure does make it easier! I linked to the small cookie scoop I used in the shoppable image above, so if you are interested in the exact one I used, the link is in the image.
A small cookie scoop is 1- tablespoon, so if you don’t have a small scoop you can measure out a tablespoon of dough for the top and the bottom of the Oreo and then form the dough all around it!
Can You Make These Cookies Any Time Of Year?
Absolutely! Use an Oreo with white filling and rainbow sprinkles!!
Could You Use Another Flavor Oreo?
100%! This chocolate cookie really can be paired with LOTS of Oreo flavors. It always seems like they are coming out with new ones, so get creative! Here are some ideas that would pair well with the chocolate…
- Peanut Butter Filled Oreos
- Birthday Cake Oreos
- Red Velvet Oreos…roll them in red, pink, and white sprinkles and they would be adorable for Valentines Day!
- Mint Filled Oreos! You could even roll them in red and green sprinkles for an adorable Christmas cookie!
Looking For More Halloween Treats? Try These:
These super cute Halloween cookies can easily be made for any occasion! A rich chocolate cookie stuffed with an Oreo and coated in sprinkles!
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Halloween sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter and both sugars together on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Add in cocoa powder until evenly mixed.
- With the mixer still on medium, add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix for 1 minute until smooth. Scrape sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the sprinkles into a bowl and set aside.
- Using a small (1- tablespoon) cookie scoop, place one scoop of dough on top of an Oreo, and then another scoop on bottom. Form the dough around the cookie, making sure to seal the Oreo inside.
- Roll each dough ball into your sprinkles.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are set.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookie recipe, halloween cookies, sprinkles, Oreo cookies, stuffed cookies
Want To Save This Recipe?
Link to the original: Original Source Link