A Build-Your-Own Burger Board is such a great way to let your crowd enjoy their burgers just the way they like them with a great variety of toppings and spreads to choose from.
What makes your favorite burger? While one of my kids likes to keep it simple with ketchup only, another loads on the pickles, lettuce and tomato, and my personal favorite is bacon, avocado and a few slices of jalapeño! With this Build-Your-Own Burger Board, everyone gets to build and enjoy their favorite burger.
This time I made it with sliders, but we’ll also make this board with regular-sized hamburgers and both ways are always a huge it. Sliders are a great way to serve them because some people, especially kids, don’t eat a full-size hamburger. Also, sliders are great because most people will enjoy a few and build each one a different way. So much fun!
The excitement on people’s faces when they approach this board is pretty awesome. You can just see their eyes grow big and a smile of concentration on their faces as they choose their burger toppings. The combinations are endless!
Let me walk you through how easy it is to build a Build-Your-Own Burger Board!
I used this 24″ x 18″ board for this Build-Your-Own Burger Board. Start by placing a plate in the center of the board that you’ll put the grilled patties on once they’re grilled. Then you’ll arrange the buns, toppings and chips around the plate. The key is to arrange everything so everyone can easily grab what they need to build their own burger.
I put the buns in the top left corner of the board. The avocado, tomatoes, pickles, red onions, jalapeños and bacon down the right side of the board. The ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise and BBQ sauce in mini mason jars down the left middle side of the board, adding a spoon or spreading knife to each one for easy spreading. Then the lettuce at the bottom of the board and chips in the top right corner and bottom left corner of the board.
Once the board is built to this point, we’ll grill the hamburger patties with or without melted cheese on them. We always ask who wants cheese on their burger before adding it. Once the patties are grilled and the cheese is melted on each one, place them on the plate in the center of the board and serve.
If you don’t have a grill or it’s not grilling season where you live at the time, you can always cook the patties in a skillet and they will taste just as great! CLICK HERE for my awesome Skillet Sliders recipe.
That’s all there is to it! It’s such a fun and, of course, yummy way to serve a meal!
I love a good build-your-own meal to feed a crowd and this ultimate Build-Your-Own Burger Board is one of our favorites for family dinner or really any get-together with family and friends. Enjoy!
When you make this Build-Your-Own Burger Board and post to social, be sure to tag me @thebakermama so I can see. I just love seeing your recreations of the boards I share with you!
Build-Your-Own Burger Board
A Build-Your-Own-Burger Board is such a great way to let your crowd enjoy their burgers just the way they like them with a great variety of toppings and spreads to choose from.
Author: Maegan – The BakerMama
Recipe type: Main Course
- hamburger or slider patties
- cheese slices
- hamburger or slider buns
- tomato slices
- red onion slices
- jalapeños slices
- avocado slices
- pickles slices
- BBQ sauce
- potato chips
- BBQ potato chips
- Place a dish in the middle of the board to put the hamburger patties on once they’re grilled. Prep the hamburgers for grilling. Before grilling the burgers, place all of the hamburger makings around the plate to the edge of the board.
- Start by placing the buns in the top left corner of the board.
- Down the right side of the board, place the sliced avocado, sliced tomato, pickle slices, sliced red onion, sliced jalapeños and bacon strips.
- Place four mini mason jars, filled with ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and BBQ sauce, on the left middle side of the board. Add small spoons or spreading knives for spreading.
- Place the lettuce at the bottom center of the board and potato chips in the top right corner and bottom left corner of the board.
- Grill the hamburger patties, melting cheese on them, if desired. Place the grilled hamburger patties on the plate in the middle of the board and serve.
PRODUCTS USED TO BUILD THIS BOARD:
Link to the original: Original Source Link