Cadbury Egg Cookies-Chocolate chip cookies with Cadbury Mini Eggs and toasted coconut. The perfect cookies for spring and Easter!
This post is sponsored by Kroger.
I think Easter has the BEST candy selection, mostly because I LOVE Cadbury Mini Eggs. Those little pastel chocolate eggs with the sweet shell are pure heaven. As soon as our Kroger store puts them out on the shelves, I stock up. Or maybe I should say I hoard them, ha! I hide Cadbury eggs, so my boys can’t find them. I have my own secret stash. I usually eat them by the handful when nobody is looking but the other day I got out a bag and made Cadbury Cookies.
The boys were so excited when they saw the cookies and were thrilled that I shared the cookies with them, ha! They LOVED them.
Cadbury Egg Cookie Ingredients
If you have a well-stocked baking pantry, you should be good to go. You just need to get a bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs…which in my opinion, are a pantry staple:)
Here are the ingredients! You can find everything you need at Kroger stores.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar and granulated sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate chips
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Flaked coconut
How to Toast Coconut
I add toasted coconut to this recipe because I love toasted coconut and it makes the cookies more festive for Easter. If you aren’t a coconut fan, you can leave it out, but it really is so good.
To toast the coconut, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place one cup of shredded coconut on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Spread out the coconut in an even layer onto the baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes, stirring once, or until coconut is very light brown and toasted. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
How to Make Cadbury Egg Cookies
These cookies are fun to bake and eat! Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until just combined.
- Now for the fun, stir in the chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs, chocolate chips, and toasted coconut. Your dough is going to look so pretty! It will be hard to resist eating it all from the bowl, but try to so you can bake the cookiesJ
- Form the cookie dough into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle the cookies with sea salt. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- You can chill the cookie dough for 24 to 72 hours if you want to enhance the flavor of the cookies. The cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days, but ours never last that long. You can also freeze the cookie dough and the baked cookies.
Perfect Easter Dessert
Make these cookies for Easter dessert, they are guaranteed to be a HUGE hit with your friends and family. You can also add them to your kiddos Easter baskets. Cookies AND Easter candy in one treat? YES! Pretty much the best Easter treat ever!
More Easter Dessert Recipes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Flaked sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 1 minute. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until just combined.
Stir in the chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs, chocolate chips, and toasted coconut.
Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
See the post for instructions on how to toast coconut. You can chill the cookie dough for 24 to 72 hours if you want to enhance the flavor of the cookies. The cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You can also freeze the cookie dough and baked cookies.
Cadbury Egg Cookies
Amount Per Serving
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g30%
Vitamin A 199IU4%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Link to the original: Original Source Link