These Juicy Steak Kabobs are layered with onions and peppers, and they are seasoned to a flavorful perfection! Served with homemade guacamole, this easy steak recipe is sure to hit the spot.
Juicy Roasted Steak Kabobs
These tender steak kabobs are so easy to roast in your oven or on the grill! They’re seasoned with chili powder, cayenne pepper, and more, to make the most flavorful summer steak recipe. These spicy kabobs taste incredible with a side of cool and creamy guacamole.
Whether you call them skewers, kebabs, or kabobs, these food-on-a-stick dinners are always quick to make and fun to eat.
I love an easy dinner recipe that has a main dish and a side dish all in one, and these steak, onion, and pepper kabobs fit the bill perfectly. Everything is cooked on a skewer for an enjoyable and mess-free meal.
Also, steak kabobs make for the best camping meal! Just pre-cut the veggies and meat, and keep in a cooler. When you arrive at the campsite, thread the steak and veggies onto the skewers and grill.
Sidenote: DO NOT keep raw meat in a cooler for longer than a day. 😊
- Bamboo Skewers
- Sirloin Steak: Cut your steak into 2-inch cubes.
- Bell Peppers: You can use any color of peppers for this recipe. Just cut them into 2-inch squares.
- Yellow Onion: Slice your onion into 2-inch pieces so it’s the same size as the other ingredients.
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Fresh Cilantro: Garnish your kabobs with chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Guacamole: I love serving these kabobs with a side of guac!
How to Make Steak Kabobs
- Soak Skewers: Place the bamboo skewers in a plate with water and soak them for 15 minutes.
- Prepare for Baking: Set the oven to BROIL and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine prepared steak, peppers and onions.
- Season: To the steak mixture, add cumin, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and oil; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Assemble Kabobs: Remove your skewers from the water and thread them with the prepared vegetables and steak.
- Broil: Transfer the kabobs to your prepared baking sheet and roast them in the oven for 5 minutes. Flip them over and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, or until the internal temperature of the steak reaches 135˚F to 140˚F.
- Garnish & Serve: Remove your kabobs from the oven and garnish them with chopped cilantro. If desired, serve your kabobs with guacamole and enjoy!
How To Grill Steak Kabobs
- Preheat grill to 425˚F.
- Brush grill grates with oil.
- Place kabobs on the grill; grill for 8 to 10 minutes, or until internal temperature of steak registers at 140˚F.
Tips for the Best Steak Kabobs
- Soak the Skewers: It’s important to soak your bamboo skewers in water for at least 15 minutes before broiling or grilling the kabobs. This will keep the skewers from burning in the oven or on the grill.
- Check Internal Temperature of Steak: Use an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature of your steak. Once the temperature registers between 135˚F and 140˚F, your kabobs are good to go!
- Use Sirloin Steak: I like using sirloin steak for these kabobs because it always comes out juicy and tender! It’s the best price to quality ratio when it comes to steak for kabobs.
- Use Two Skewers Per Kabob: Using two skewers per steak kabob will help you out when you have to flip over your kabobs.
- Serve with Guacamole: I highly recommend dipping your kabobs into my homemade Basil Guacamole.
- Add More Veggies: You can make these kabobs with any veggies you like! Try adding sliced zucchini, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms or squash.
- Serve with Potatoes: Pair your beef kabobs with my easy Maple Mustard Roasted Potatoes!
- Serve with Sangria: Sit back and enjoy your summer with these steak kabobs and a cold glass of White Wine Sangria.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
- Store leftover steak kabobs in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy them within 4 days.
- When you want to reheat your kabobs, cover them in foil and bake them at 300°F for 5-7 minutes, or until warm. Wrapping them in foil will make sure they stay nice and juicy!
How to Use Leftovers
- There’s a lot you can do with your leftovers if you want to switch things up. Make them into a taco or a burrito with guacamole on the inside! They also taste great in a simple quesadilla. You can even mix your kabob ingredients into a salad! Get creative with your leftover steak kabobs.
More Steak Kabob Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
Juicy Steak Kabobs
These Juicy Steak Kabobs are layered with onions & peppers and seasoned to perfection! Served with homemade guacamole, this easy steak recipe is sure to hit the spot.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Calories: 159 kcal
- 6 bamboo skewers
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers, any color, cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 yellow onion, cut into thicker wedges and then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, (I used vegetable oil)
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish, optional
- guacamole, for serving, optional
Place bamboo skewers in a plate with water and soak for 15 minutes.
Line a baking sheet with foil.
In the meantime, combine prepared steak cubes, peppers and onions in a large bowl.
To the steak mixture, add cumin, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and oil; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
Remove skewers from water.
Thread the skewers with prepared vegetables and steak
Transfer skewers to prepared baking sheet.
Roast skewers in the oven for 5 minutes; flip over and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, or until internal temperature of the steak registers at 135˚F to 140˚F.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with guacamole, if desired.
How To Grill Steak Kabobs
Brush grill grates with oil.
Place kabobs on the grill; grill for 8 to 10 minutes, or until internal temperature of steak registers at 140˚F.
- When roasting/grilling, leave some space between the kabobs so they cook evenly.
NET CARBS: 4 g
Juicy Steak Kabobs
Amount Per Serving
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g25%
Vitamin A 1458IU29%
Vitamin C 52mg63%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Want To Save This Recipe?
Link to the original: Original Source Link