Updated August 10, 2020
This image courtesy of Joseph DeLeo
This is a fun way to get the family together. If you have taco night once a week, you can use tofu, chicken, fish, or beef on different weeks.
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Dietary Considerationhealthy, low-fat, vegetarian
Taste and Texturecheesy, creamy, crisp, herby, savory, spiced, umami
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package low-fat tofu, crumbled
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quarted
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup green cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1 package fat-free whole wheat tortillas
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, quartered
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt or sour cream (optional)
Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a skillet. Add tofu, spices, and hot sauce and cook for a few minutes until heated through. Add salt to taste. (Cook ground chicken or lean beef with the same spices as tofu, but allow 10 more minutes).
Arrange tomatoes, avocado, cabbage, onions, and limes on a platter.
Assemble the taco with your favorite ingredients.
2007 Domenica Catelli
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up!
We were unable to sign you up – please try again.
We are adding your Comments.
Thank you! Your comment has been added.
We are sorry. There was an error tyring to post your rating and review.
Your comment will appear after our editors have had a chance to review it.
Link to the original: Original Source Link