My Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe is a fruit packed, classic dessert recipe that is prepped in minutes, with only a few ingredients! Enjoy warm with ice cream!
Make sure to check out my Blackberry Bread recipe too!
Old Fashioned Blackberry Cobbler Is A Classic!
Blackberry Cobbler is an absolutely delicious, easy, and impressive, yet old fashioned, rustic dessert. Is that enough adjectives for you? It’s crispy and chewy around the edges, and soft and sweet in the middle, loaded with fresh blackberries!
This cobbler recipe only has 6 ingredients, and the prep takes less than 10 minutes! Top this while it’s warm with ice cream and be prepared to eat the scraps right out of the pan!
- granulated sugar
- self rising flour
- vanilla extract
How to Make Blackberry Cobbler:
- Whisk together 1 cup of your granulated sugar, flour, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Then whisk in the butter until combined.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased casserole dish. I like to use an 8×12 pan for this recipe.
- Then add the blackberries evenly on top of the batter. They will sink in a little bit, which is totally fine!
- Sprinkle more sugar on top, which will create a nice crackly topping.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream!
Can You Use Frozen Blackberries?
Yes, absolutely! Just thaw your berries, and pat them dry before using them!
What If You Don’t Have Self Rising Flour?
No problem! You can easily make self rising flour at home. Here’s what you will need:
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
For each cup of flour, whisk it together with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
I love topping cobbler with vanilla ice cream but here are a few other ideas:
- dusting of powdered sugar
- whipped cream
- any other flavor ice cream
- caramel sauce
How To Store and Reheat Leftover Cobbler:
Just cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days! I don’t recommend freezing this, as you lose that crispy, crackly topping as it thaws out.
To reheat, just portion out your serving and microwave it for 20 seconds.
Looking For More Fruit Desserts? Here Are Some You Will Love:
- 12 ounces blackberries
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 8×12 baking dish liberally with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Rinse blackberries and pat dry. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together 1 cup of granulated sugar, flour, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Then whisk in the butter until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Add the blackberries evenly on top of the batter. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until the top is golden and crackly.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat portions in the microwave.
If you don’t have an 8×12- inch baking dish you can use any 3- quart pan you have. It will work in a 9×13- inch pan, but it will just be thinner.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, blackberry cobbler, cobbler recipe, blackberries
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later:
Link to the original: Original Source Link