Seared chicken tenders smothered in the most amazing sticky sauce prepared with honey, hot sauce, garlic, and soy sauce. This family favorite is very easy to make, it is absolutely DELICIOUS, and can be on the table in just 15 minutes using pantry ingredients.
Honey Garlic Chicken
Skip the takeout and make this quick and easy chicken dinner at home in just 15 minutes! You will LOVE the sweet and garlicky sauce poured over the crispy, juicy chicken. It’s a restaurant style recipe that adds up to a wonderful and tasty homemade dinner. Mark my words, this recipe will be an instant hit!
A one skillet meal, ideal for weeknights, but it’s just as perfect served as an appetizer on game-day nights! When that sauce hits the skillet, the smell will let you know just how amazing this is going to be.
For anyone that’s been around here for longer than a minute, this recipe will come as no surprise because, you know I LOVE honey + garlic + protein. Checkit: Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken, Honey Garlic Pork, Honey Garlic Salmon, and so on and so forth. I just can’t resist the sauce! Vegetarians, try it with TOFU. AH.MAZE.ING. 😍
This is a short list of ingredients – you’re welcome!
- Chicken Tenders
- Cornstarch: for coating – makes the chicken a little crispy. eeeek!
- Salt + Pepper + Dried Oregano
- olive oil + butter
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Sriracha/Hot Sauce
- White Wine Vinegar
How To Make Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders
- Combine cornstarch, salt, pepper, and oregano in a shallow plate.
- Coat chicken tenders with the cornstarch mixture.
- In the meantime heat up a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken tenders to the hot skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Turn over the chicken, add a tablespoon of butter, and continue to cook for 4 more minutes, or until cooked through. Use an Instant Read Thermometer to check for doneness. Chicken is cooked through when internal temperature registers at 165˚F.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce: combine honey, garlic, soy sauce, hot sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl, and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Pour sauce over the chicken tenders and continue to cook for 2 more minutes, or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat; garnish with parsley and sesame seeds (optional).
- Serve with the pan sauce.
What to serve with chicken tenders
How To Store and Reheat Leftovers
- Allow chicken to come to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight container; spoon the sauce over the chicken, and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- You can also freeze the chicken tenders for 3 months.
- To reheat, place the chicken tenders in a baking dish and bake at 250˚F degrees until they are warmed through. OR, use your trusted, quick and efficient microwave. 🤷♀️
More Honey Garlic Chicken Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
Honey Garlic Chicken
Seared chicken tenders smothered in the most amazing sticky sauce! This family favorite is easy to make, it’s delicious, and can be on the table in 15 minutes.
American, Asian, Fusion
Calories: 291 kcal
In a shallow plate combine cornstarch, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Coat chicken tenders with cornstarch mixture.
In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
Add chicken tenders to the hot skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
Flip over the chicken tenders, add remaining butter to the skillet and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
In the meantime, combine garlic, honey, soy sauce, white vinegar, and hot chili sauce in a mixing bowl; whisk to combine. If you like more heat, add more of the hot chili sauce.
Lower heat to medium.
Add sauce to the chicken and continue to cook for 2 more minutes, or until sauce starts to thicken.
Turn chicken over to coat with sauce.
Remove from heat.
Garnish chicken with parsley and sesame seeds.
Drizzle with pan sauce.
Honey Garlic Chicken
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g25%
Vitamin A 209IU4%
Vitamin C 3mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Want To Save This Recipe?
Link to the original: Original Source Link