This creamy Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup is full of nutritious cauliflower and root veggies. Flavored with earthy herbs and rich cheddar cheese, it is total comfort food! I love this cozy meal for a chilly night, and so easy to make. Just set it and forget it in your slow cooker!
SLOW COOKER CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
I’m a huge fan of cauliflower and cheese, aren’t you? Then I hope you’re ready for this delicious slow cooker soup! It’s as scrumptious and filling as it is easy to make. The rustic flavors are perfect for fall and winter, and will keep you warm all through the cold season.
If you’re a cauliflower-hater, welcome to the other side! That’s once you try THIS Cauliflower Soup. And, not just that. Cauliflower is packed with fiber, with Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B, and has a delicious savory-sweet taste just waiting for you to fan on. The trick to loving cauliflower is to put it in a soup and blend it, and tell no one about what’s in the soup. 😉
To prove my point, don’t forget to print out my recipe for this 👉 Cauliflower Cheese Soup, too! It’s so dang good! 🍽
IS THIS A LOW CARB RECIPE?
You can definitely make this recipe low-carb! To do so, I recommend subbing cubed turnips for the cubed potatoes. It’s an easy —and tasty! — substitution that really brings down the carb count.
- Cauliflower: You’ll need about 1 ½ pounds of cauliflower florets, fresh or frozen.
- Potatoes: 1 pound russet potatoes, or baby potatoes (or turnips for low carb), washed, peeled, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Onion: I like to use yellow onion in this recipe, but white or sweet onions are also good.
- Broth: You’ll need about 6 cups of low sodium vegetable broth, or chicken broth.
- Seasonings: Garlic Powder, Paprika, Chili Powder, Dried Thyme, Dried Rosemary
- Heavy Cream: Half and half will also work, as well as evaporated milk.
- Cheese: I use a cup of shredded cheddar, but you can substitute colby, gruyere, havarti, or a blend of your favorite cheeses.
- Parsley and Green Onions: Freshly chopped, for garnish.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- Slow-Cook Veggies, Broth, and Seasonings. To the insert of your slow cooker, add the cauliflower florets, cubed potatoes, chopped onions, broth, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, and paprika; stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours, or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Blend Cooked Soup. Pour the soup into a blender or a food processor in batches, and blend until smooth. You can also use an immersion blender. Be very careful to avoid spills, splashes, and burns while transferring and blending the hot soup.
- Stir in Remaining Ingredients: Return the blended soup to the slow cooker, and stir in heavy cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Stir thoroughly until well blended. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish and Serve. Ladle soup into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, and parsley. Enjoy!
- No-Knead Bread: I love baking up a loaf of crusty no-knead bread to go with soup. The rustic flavors of my Rosemary and Garlic No-Knead Skillet Bread really work well with this one!
- Need Protein? If you’d like to serve this soup alongside a protein-packed entree, I can’t recommend my easy Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu enough! The flavors go so. amazingly. well. with this hearty soup.
- Apple Amazing: Right in line with fall and winter goodness, a lovely (and healthy) Apple Crisp is the perfect counterpoint to a rustic meal of Creamy Cauliflower Soup.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT HOMEMADE SOUP
- To refrigerate, cover the soup tightly or place in airtight food storage containers. This soup will keep safely in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To reheat, place portion(s) of soup in a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until just heated through.
CAN YOU FREEZE CAULIFLOWER SOUP?
- I actually don’t recommend freezing this soup. There are two reasons: first, the dairy ingredients are likely to “split” during freezing, thawing, and reheating. Second, the potatoes (if you use them) are likely to become dry during freezing. It’s best to refrigerate this soup and eat it within the recommended food safety time frame, which is about 5 days.
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup
A rich and hearty blended soup filled with cauliflower, potato, cheddar cheese, and cream, and seasoned with rosemary and thyme.
Soup, Side Dish
Calories: 219 kcal
fresh or frozen cauliflower florets
baby potatoes or russet potatoes,
cut into 1-inch cubes (may substitute turnips for a lower carb option)
low sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
sweet or smoked paprika
or to taste
Half & Half will also work, as well as evaporated milk
or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper,
shredded cheddar cheese,
Chopped fresh green onions,
Chopped fresh parsley,
To the insert of your slow cooker add cauliflower florets, cubed potatoes, onions, broth, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, rosemary, paprika, chili powder, and nutmeg; stir to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours, or on HIGH for 4 hours.
Remove cover; pour soup into a blender or a food processor in batches, and blend until smooth. You can also use an immersion blender.
Return blended soup to the slow cooker and stir in heavy cream, butter, salt, and pepper; stir until well blended. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
Ladle soup into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, and parsley.
NET CARBS: 12 g
- If using turnips in place of potatoes, Net Carbs drop down to 8 grams per serving.
Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9g45%
Vitamin A 562IU11%
Vitamin C 43mg52%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Want To Save This Recipe?
Link to the original: Original Source Link