Looking for sweet yet healthy dessert recipes to enjoy? This Banana Frozen Yogurt is SO refreshing, and it’s made with just 3 ingredients – none of which are sugar!
Easy 3 Ingredient Frozen Yogurt
If you’ve never made a big batch of frozen yogurt to dig into, you are missing out! It’s just as sweet and delicious as regular ice cream is, but so much healthier. And, about this Banana Frozen Yogurt recipe? It’s made with just 3 ingredients: bananas, plain yogurt, and honey. How’s that for a short shopping list?
Whether it’s summer and you need a sweet treat to cool down with, or you’re just a big fan of all-things-bananas, this homemade frozen yogurt is a must-make dessert recipe.
Frozen Yogurt vs Ice Cream
Frozen yogurt and ice cream taste and look very similar, so it’s generally pretty difficult to distinguish one from the other without a label. The main difference is that frozen yogurt uses cultured milk (found in the yogurt) instead of cream, which results in less fat content.
Beware, though, because sometimes extra sugar is added to frozen yogurt to make up for the tart taste that is associated with plain yogurt.
What You’ll Need
Like I mentioned earlier, you only need three ingredients to whip up this easy frozen yogurt recipe:
- Bananas: I needed about 4 – make sure they are ripe to get a strong banana flavor.
- Yogurt: I like to use plain yogurt because it has less added sugar, and it doesn’t introduce other flavors.
- Honey: I like to do 3 tablespoons, but you can add less or more depending on what your sweet tooth is telling you! Low Carb Maple Syrup works, too.
How to Make Banana Frozen Yogurt
One of the best things about this banana frozen yogurt is that you don’t need an ice cream maker to prepare it. Instead, you just need a food processor and then you can follow these 3 simple steps:
- Slice the Bananas: Then place them in a sealed container; freeze for 2 hours.
- Blend the Ingredients: Add the frozen bananas, yogurt, and honey to a food processor. Process until just creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the processor if necessary.
- Serve Immediately: The frozen yogurt should be more like a soft serve.
- You can also transfer it to a sealed container and store in the freezer.
Tips for Success
Looking for tips on how to get the best banana frozen yogurt results? You’re in the right place:
- Fresh vs Frozen Bananas: You can use either – I just prefer to freeze my own bananas!
- What Yogurt to Use: Any plain yogurt will work for this recipe. Flavored yogurt will add other flavors! 😊
- Serving Tips: If you serve this frozen yogurt immediately, it is more like a soft serve ice cream, but freezing it will make it more firm. Whatever you choose to do, just don’t forget a little chocolate syrup… and maybe some sprinkles, too! Annnnd, there goes the healthy dessert. 😄
Banana frozen yogurt is very easily customized! Here are a couple of fun variation ideas to play around with:
- Switch Up the Fruit: Raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries would all make delicious frozen yogurt flavors. You could even combine them and make something like strawberry banana frozen yogurt! This is a good time to hop over and grab my recipe for Blueberry Banana nIce Cream.
- Add Cocoa Powder: A big bowl of chocolate banana ice cream would be irresistible for me!
- Add Cinnamon: Banana cinnamon froyo sounds pretty good, no?
How to Store Homemade Banana Ice Cream
- Banana frozen yogurt can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for a month or so – but I doubt you will need that long!
Banana Frozen Yogurt
Super easy Banana Frozen Yogurt is made with just 3 ingredients! Healthy yet sweet desserts have never tasted this good.
Slice the bananas and place in a sealed container; freeze for 2 hours.
Add the frozen bananas, yogurt, and honey to a food processor.
Process until just creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the processor, if necessary.
Serve immediately – it should be more like a soft serve – or transfer to a sealed container and store in the freezer.
Banana Frozen Yogurt
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 79IU2%
Vitamin C 11mg13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Keywords: banana frozen yogurt, homemade frozen yogurt
Want To Save This Recipe?
Other Healthy Dessert Recipes
Looking for more healthy desserts? Check out these!
Link to the original: Original Source Link