Making Brandon’s Best Margarita is as easy as 1-2-3! Pour, shake, and strain your way to the most refreshing, flavorful margarita you don’t have to leave home for. Cheers!
It’s Happy Hour Somewhere
I may be a wiz in the kitchen, but when it comes to happy hour, I’m hands off. Brandon is the mixologist of this house. And he’s so, so good at it. One of our favorites is his margarita, which, I have to say, is as good or better than any restaurant margarita in town. It’s the best! And I’m going to share it with you.
Supplies You’ll Need:
- Tequila. Brandon swears by Fortaleza, but if you have a favorite brand, stick to it! He usually uses blanco or reposado, but anjeo works, as well.
- Cointreau. Your favorite triple-sec will do, too.
- Limes – fresh is best! Brandon always uses fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Agave syrup
- Rim salt (optional). We prefer unsalted rims, but I know how some of y’all feel about your salt!
- Cocktail Shaker. Brandon loves his Boston Cocktail Shaker.
- Strainer. The Boston Shaker comes with a Hawthorne strainer, but any fine mesh strainer will do.
Ready? Let’s get this happy hour going!
How to Make Brandon’s Best Margarita
Making this margarita is as easy as 1-2-3. If you’ve gathered your ingredients and tools, you’re ready to go!
- In a cocktail shaker, first add the tequila, cointreau, lime juice, agave and ice.
- Next, shake well.
- Then strain over fresh ice into a salt-rimmed (the salt is optional!) glass, garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
I told you that was easy!
Cocktail Crafting 101
Whether you’re new to cocktail making or just want a refresher, take this crash course on bar tools, glass types, ice, and terminology. Read up and get your cocktail on! We’ll even throw in some of our favorite cocktail recipes. Cheers!
Making Brandon’s Best Margarita is as easy as 1-2-3! Pour, shake, and strain your way to the most refreshing, flavorful margarita you don’t have to leave home for.
- 2 ounces (double shot) tequila
- .75 ounce cointreau
- .75 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light agave
- salt rim, optional
- In a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, cointreau, lime juice, agave and ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain over fresh ice in salted rimmed glass, garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
Link to the original: Original Source Link