These fresh Bloody Mary’s are the brunch cocktail you need in your life! Skip the store-bought mix that’s full of preservatives and whip up a better, much more delicious Bloody Mary in minutes.
Easy Bloody Mary Cocktails
Oh, Bloody Marys – I remember the first time I had one. I was underage and at Mardi Gras in N’awlins. 😬 Gawd, college days were just so freakin’ awesome! 🙌 😊 I miss ’em. Anyways!
Bloody Mary. I know it’s not a drink for everyone, but those of us who love them are in for a seriously delicious treat. This recipe makes the best Bloody Mary you’ll ever taste! They’re so fresh and flavorful, and it’s easy to customize them to your liking. Plus, they’re SO fun to decorate with a chili powder salt rim plus fresh fruits and veggies.
These festive cocktails are a brunch must-have, and our recipe makes a pitcher to quench the thirst of everyone at the table. But, you don’t need to be at a big brunch party to enjoy these drinks. They’re easy enough to make whenever you’re in the mood for a spicy cocktail.
Why Are They Called Bloody Mary’s?
There are a couple of theories as to why and how Bloody Mary cocktails got their name, but many people think the drink dates back to Queen Mary I. Known for executing Protestants by means of fire during her rule of England, the vodka is said to represent the flames while the tomato juice symbolizes spilled blood.
Are They Healthy?
Being a vegetable juice drink, Bloody Marys are a whole lot healthier than your average cocktail. This is one of the main reasons they’re often enjoyed in the morning or the afternoon rather than the evening. The cocktail’s tomato juice base provides a ton of nutrients, and that’s just one example of the healthy ingredients in this drink.
What You’ll Need
So what else does it take to make the ultimate Bloody Marys from scratch? Let’s find out!
- Tomato Juice: You’ll need 3 cups.
- Vodka: High quality.
- Worcestershire Sauce: This adds some nice umami flavor.
- Dill Pickle Juice: Fresh from a jar of pickles.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed is best.
- Lime Juice: To supplement the lemon juice.
- Hot Sauce: Just a couple teaspoons.
- Black Pepper: Freshly ground.
- Ice: If you’d like, go ahead and make ice cubes with some pickle juice instead of water. 😋 This prevents your drinks from ever getting watery.
- Celery Stick: For serving.
- Pickles: For serving.
- Lemon Slices: For serving.
- Kosher Salt & Chili Powder: To garnish the rims of the glasses.
How to Make a Bloody Mary
These cocktails come together super quickly and easily. You just have to mix it all up and serve!
- Combine Ingredients: In a pitcher, stir together the tomato juice, vodka, worcestershire sauce, pickle juice, lemon juice, lime juice, hot sauce and black pepper.
- Garnish Rims: On a small plate, mix together the kosher salt and chili powder. Run a lemon or lime wedge around the rims of the drinking glasses, then dip each glass into the salt-chili mixture.
- Pour & Serve: Divide the ice cubes among the glasses and fill with the bloody Mary mixture. Garnish with celery. Put a pickle and a lime wedge on a small skewer, if desired, and add it to the glasses as a garnish.
Tips for Success
Never made a Bloody Mary before? Not a problem! I have some helpful tips and tricks to share.
- Use Good Quality Ingredients: Even though this recipe is the gold standard for Bloody Marys, your drink won’t taste as good with 5-dollar vodka. 🤷♀️ The highest quality ingredients make for the highest quality drink.
- Chill the Glasses: Want to frost your glasses instead of or in addition to using ice? Just pop them in the freezer for about half an hour before pouring and serving your drinks.
- Pick Other Garnishes: There are tons of different garnishes that taste great on top of this cocktail. Try some fresh dill, parsley, red pepper flakes, cheddar jack cheese, pickled veggies or even grilled shrimp! 🍤
- Adjust to Taste: Feel free to use more hot sauce, skip the chili powder salt rim, add additional seasonings, or make any other changes you see fit. You can always taste and adjust the final product.
What to Serve with this Cocktail
Everyone needs some solid munchies to pair with their boozy beverage. The following dishes go exceptionally well with homemade Bloody Marys.
- Pretzel Bites: These Soft Pretzel Bites are irresistible! They’re warm, buttery, and they practically melt in your mouth.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip: You’ve entered true comfort food territory once you’ve tried this Buffalo Chicken Dip. It’s super easy to throw together and so satisfying slathered on crackers or raw veggies!
- Crab Cakes: These crispy Maryland-style Crab Cakes are made with a mouthwatering garlic yogurt sauce. The only thing that could make them better is a Bloody Mary on the side!
These fresh Bloody Mary’s are the brunch cocktail you need in your life! Skip the store-bought mix that’s full of preservatives and whip up a better one in minutes.
In a pitcher, stir together the tomato juice, vodka, worcestershire sauce, pickle juice, lemon juice, lime juice, hot sauce and black pepper.
Taste and adjust accordingly.
On a small plate, mix together the kosher salt and chili powder. Run a lemon or lime wedge around the rims of the drinking glasses. Dip the glasses in the salt-chili mixture.
Divide the ice cubes among the glasses and fill with the bloody Mary mixture.
Garnish with celery. Put a pickle and a lime wedge on a small skewer, if desired, and add to the glasses as a garnish.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Vitamin A 984IU20%
Vitamin C 38mg46%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Keywords: best bloody mary mix, bloody marys, how to make a bloody mary
Want To Save This Recipe?
More Cocktail Recipes to Try
Thirsty for more? Be sure to try these drinks next!
Link to the original: Original Source Link