These oven-baked potato wedges are such a tasty side dish or snack! They’re crispy on the outside, tender in the middle, and full of savory garlic flavor.
The next time you’re craving a side dish or snack that’s super easy and insanely delicious, make these potato wedges. They’re crispy on the outside, tender in the middle, and packed with smoky, savory flavor. And while they’ll satisfy any French fry craving, they’re not at all fussy to make. You’ll just need 7 ingredients, and that’s including salt and pepper. Plus, they only require a few minutes of hands-on prep. The oven does most of the work for you!
Baked Potato Wedges Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this potato wedges recipe:
- Potatoes, of course! You’ll need Russet potatoes for this recipe. Because of their high starch content, they cook up with crisp exteriors and light, pillowy insides. Yum!
- Extra-virgin olive oil – It helps the potatoes become golden brown and crisp in the oven.
- Garlic powder and onion powder – They add savory, umami flavor.
- Smoked paprika – They give the potato wedges a subtle smokiness.
- And salt and pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Potato Wedges
My method for how to make potato wedges is SO simple! Here’s how it goes:
First, slice the potatoes. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Then, cut each half into 4 even-sized wedges. Whatever you do, don’t peel them! The potato skins help them become really crisp in the oven.
Next, season the potato wedges. Place them in a large bowl with the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt.
Pour in the olive oil, and toss to coat the potatoes in the oil and seasonings.
Finally, bake! Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 425°F for 40 to 45 minutes, flipping the wedges and rotating the pans halfway through the cooking time.
The wedges are ready when they’re crisp on the outside, tender in the middle, and nicely golden brown. Season to taste, and enjoy!
Potato Wedges Serving Suggestions
Like French fries, these oven-baked potato wedges are perfect for dipping. Serve them with a side of ketchup, mustard, or mayo, or make one of these tasty dipping sauces instead:
They’re also delicious with a sprinkle of parsley and Parmesan cheese on top!
Enjoy them on their own as a snack or appetizer, or serve them as a side dish. They’d be great with this veggie burger, this black bean burger, or this portobello mushroom burger. I also like them with my black bean chili or easy vegetarian chili on a cold fall or winter night.
More Favorite Sides and Snacks
If you love these oven-baked potato wedges, try one of these sides or snacks next:
Baked Potato Wedges
These oven-baked potato wedges are an easy, delicious side dish or snack! Serve them with a sprinkle of parsley, Parmesan cheese, and your favorite dipping sauce.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, about 2 pounds, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more for sprinkling
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley, optional, for sprinkling
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional, for sprinkling
- Tartar Sauce, ketchup, and/or mustard, for dipping
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, smoked paprika, and several grinds of pepper, and spread evenly on the baking sheets. Roast 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender and golden brown around the edges, flipping the potatoes and rotating the pans in the oven around the 20 minute mark. The timing will depend on the size of your potatoes.
If using, sprinkle with the parsley and Parmesan cheese. Season with more salt and serve with desired dipping sauces.
Link to the original: Original Source Link